We booked this hotel through hotels.com. We stayed from sunday june 30th until thursday july 4th. When first driving up, the hotel isnt anything to be desired. It looks more like a high rise apartment in a sketchy part of Ottawa more than anything else. Walking in though, the lobby is clean and bright. The staff greet you. There are 2 elevators and a separate one for the pool area. Our room reminded us of a 1 bedroom apartment. The view isnt anything to be desired, if you want to sit out on your balcony. The room is clean and had the amenities needed. The room could be updated, the wallpaper and carpet age it. The hotel is certainly designed for those who are in Ottawa for long stays. The hotel is quiet which was nice--we certainly didnt hear anything once we got back in Canada Day night. The rooms have air conditioning.
What we didnt like was trying to use the pool and hot tub, with all the children screaming. The adult only swimming hours are at a rather inconvenient time--6-7pm at night. As this is the time most people are out to dinner or dealing with their kids. It would have been nice to have the pool open later than 10pm--since its unsupervised, i wouldnt think it matter. There were a couple nights after walking around all day, it would have been nice to have the option to soak.
The hotel restaurant is not open on sundays. They were open for breakfast, although the menus in the rooms dont tell you that. We found out in an advertisement in the elevator on the way to the pool. The breakfast wasnt anything special and average price as everywhere else,but the service was good.
The hotel is borderline sketchy part of Ottawa. However a 10 minute walk and you are in the tourist district. You can walk to the Musuem of Nature,good places to eat and of course Parliment Hill.
The parking is horrible. It's also 23 dollars a night.When driving up, you are advised to go around the block, once you have the tag and then go around back to the parking garage. There are 2 options "T" and "P". If you dont turn right as soon as you get in, you are lead into the "T" section, where you have been told your tag wont be recongnized. We drive a small car, and good thing too, because anyone trying to find a parking spot down there--good luck with a bigger vechicle. The lower you go, the more narrow it becomes. There are no signs telling you how to get back out, and you must drive slow and with great caution up and down the ramps. It appears to be safe though, as we didnt use our car for the entire 4 days we were there, and everything was how we left it.
It was nice for the price and i certainly wouldnt rule out staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "The Cartier Place Suite Hotel was honoured with the 2016 Service Excellence Award from major online travel websites. The hotel has also a 3 Green Key eco-rating. Proud to be family owned and operated, the hotel is a short walk to Parliament Hill, the Ottawa Convention Center, the ByWard Market and City Hall. You will find our pet friendly accommodations in a quiet downtown neighborhood, located one block from the historic Rideau Canal and the trendy boutique area of Elgin Street. Always a favorite among families and business travelers alike; the hotel offers 250 spacious one and two bedroom suites, including VIP suites with Jacuzzi, Business Suites and Penthouse Hospitality Suite with a roof top patio and beautiful city views. Each suite features a full kitchen, separate bedrooms, combined living/dining area with a private balcony. Deluxe meeting and banquet facilities feature floor-to-ceiling windows that overlook our gardens. Guests may also enjoy the games room, children's playroom and the only downtown hotel with a private outdoor garden patio complete with playground and shuffleboard court. The indoor pool, whirlpool, sauna, exercise room and the friendly atmosphere all contribute to a memorable stay. Whatever the reasons for your stay, there's flexibility and a willingness to meet your needs at the Cartier Place Suite Hotel. Whoever you are and wherever you come from, as soon as you step in the door, you will know you are welcome. Suite dreams await you... here." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Cartier Place Suite Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cartier Place Hotel Ottawa
- Cartier Place Suite Ottawa
- Hotel Cartier Place Suite