“Amazing Value”

Ranked #52 of 67 Hotels in Ottawa
Ottawa, Canada
“Amazing Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

For anyone who is looking for great value - this is where you want to go. Clean, efficient, friendly staff. Remember that this one of the cheapest ( money wise ) places in Ottawa. But you get more than what you paid for. Even a welcome gift basket !! I'll stay again

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank zakath44
ALEEM K, Manager at Beacon Hill Motel, responded to this review, March 25, 2014

Please before your next visit to ottawa please email us at beaconhillmotel@gmail.com or you can phone the motel directly and be added to our exclusive email list. This will ensure that you get the best possible price. Upon your next visit you can enjoy the new coffee machines we have placed in every room too ensure that you are ready to start your day not only with the muffin and fruit but a nice hot coffee in a to go cup.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Oshawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for one night on Jan 31st. We were just in town to skate on the Canal so just for a short time. We weren't sure what to expect as the reviews are quite varied, but we were pleasantly surprised when we drove up. The motel is very well kept up, nicely painted on the outside and our room was very clean and looked like it had just been renovated. Everything looked very new. The bed was very comfortable, the room was spacious, we had a little kitchen nook with a sink, microwave, little coffee maker and a table and chairs. Wifi worked very well as did the TV. The room was nice and warm, we only slept with a light sheet. Very comfortable. We really enjoyed our stay. When we checked in they gave us a map of Ottawa, with the winterlude event information on it, as well as a "bagged breakfast'' which was a muffin, an orange, a box drink and a bottle of water which was great to take with us in our backpack to snack on later. It's a really good location, only about 15 minutes drive from Parliment. We'll stay here again when we come back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sunny:)620
ALEEM K, Manager at Beacon Hill Motel, responded to this review, March 25, 2014

I hope that upon your next visit to the capital we will see you again, if you do wish to take advantage of future discounts please email me at beaconhillmotel@gmail.com. We look forward to serving you again real soon.
East Wenatchee, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

When one would see the motel from outside one would think, just a typical Motel. This to me is different and I will tell you why.. Like location..I feel I am out in the country... and what is really important to be is The Bed.. Excellent and No Carpets...So very clean. renovated to look at new, fresh and that is a reflection of the owners 2 brothers who truly care... I just got to be impressed... Hey, too , they gift you 2 bottles of water. I have not seen that before.. They are conscious caring guys and you get that right away. So helpful and more.. They get my vote.. Thumbs up .!

Room Tip: This is the place
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank David I
ALEEM K, Manager at Beacon Hill Motel, responded to this review, March 21, 2015
Please use our email addresses to ensure we can offer you the best rates in Ottawa. beaconhillmotel@gmail.com or beaconhillads@gmail.com or by phone at 613-745-6818. FYI new upgrades coming in 2015 hope you enjoy the new look.
cayenne
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

We booked a room for 3 days at a very good price. However, the room was not that clean and they used quite some air freshening to try to make the cigarette smell disappear. The TV was not working and the heating was noisy which was unpleasant at night. We tried not to be in the room during the day, just coming back to sleep.We can nevertheless reckon the man at the front desk was helpful and that the motel is not very far from the city center. Nous avons dormi 3 nuits pour un budget raisonnable. Cependant, la chambre n'était pas si propre et elle sentait le produit désodorisant pour cacher l'odeur de la cigarette. La télé ne fonctionnait pas et le chauffage faisait beaucoup de bruit, ce qui était pénible la nuit. Seuls points positifs: le motel est proche du centre ville et l'homme à l'accueil faisait son possible pour aider.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank jesscayenne973
ALEEMkachra, Manager at Beacon Hill Motel, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Emily Cayenne
We are sorry you found the room to be no “that clean”. We have a room cleaning double checking system whereby our maids and the manager both check the room upon completion to ensure the highest standards. If the room did not meet your standards, we wish you would have informed us on Day 1 and we would have rectified the situation. Also a not working TV is not acceptable and can easily be fixed with a replacement delivered to your room again in 10 minutes. I would encourage you to get in touch with me directly the next time you come to Ottawa; we would like to make amends. Please email me directly at beaconhillmotel@gmail.com. Also the hotel is now offering all its guests a boxed breakfast, so please come back and let us treat your right.

Travelers are raving about these Ottawa hotels

Ndola, Central, Zambia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

We had a bad experience with a great price. During our stay, we tried to avoid coming back until it was time to sleep. When we first got to the room and looked around, my youngest daughter found someone else prescription medicine. My daughter is 2 years old and she was playing with the pills. We caught it in time to take it away from here. To me, that is scary and gross. The bath tub facet was broken, and it took long to have a hot shower. Also, there was some clothes left there. They stunk. The old man under wear was the worst, for there was poop stains on it. The mattress was always moving around and sliding off the bed frame as we slept. The bed frame was wood.
Over all, it felt like we were in the hood. Normally I leave my roof top carrier on top of my vehicle, but I had to bring it because I did not feel safe. To me, this does not deserve a rating, not even a 1.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Nyjoe R.
We have a room cleaning double checking system whereby our maids and the manager both check the room upon completion to ensure the highest standards. If the room did not meet your standards, we wish you would have informed us, we would have rectified the problem right away. Our beds are on wood frames and they are high ends beds you would find in much more expensive hotels. I find your review a bit difficult to trust. If you ever have such an experience at our hotel or anyone else’s hotel, please contact the front desk immediately; our front desk is staffed 24 hours a day.
Westmeath Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

For the last two years, I have been staying at this motel and I am very satisfied. I coming into Ottawa to do tree work and I found it while working nearby. The people are great and helpful, the rooms are nice and clean with a great shower and really nice towels but the best thing is they have great beds in my opinion. They also have great prices and a really big parking lot which is great for me when I have my equipment with me. In April I was working in the other end of Ottawa and I stayed some where else and what a mistake. It was suppose to have been a non smoking room but someone had smoked in it, the bed and sheets and blankets were worn out along with the flooring and bathroom. I ending up sleeping on top of my bed with my work clothes on and in the morning a great big bug was crawling across the floor and I paid more money, I did not thing there were places still like that around. I regretted not driving the 30 minutes to Beacon Hill for the night.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Donald G
DEAR TREE GUY,
We truly appreciate your positive comments and your loyalty over the last few years. As independent business people, it is great that we can support one another.
Egypt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Excellent value if all you have a vehicle and just need a place to shower and sleep as the parking and internet are included in your nightly rate. We paid $65/night during a Winterlude (winter festival) long weekend for two double beds which was less than a room at the hostel downtown where you also need share bathrooms and sleep in a single bunkbed, and pay extra for parking.

It is very basic, just bedding, toilet paper and towels provided, but you have a private room with your own full bathroom with a TV and telephone. There is also a small fridge and microwave. Nothing else - not even disposable cups or hand soap. Which is fine as we prefer to use our own anyway as the quality of hotel soap and shampoo is usually terrible.

There is a built-in air-conditioning unit that can also work as a heater, that MUST be kept on all night even though the fan seems quite loud even on low, it is a consistent sound and easy to sleep through, otherwise you will wake up frozen in your bed (as we discovered the hard way :)

Staff are very pleasant and friendly but not too familiar with the area - we discovered a Malaysian restaurant next door, a Newfoundland Pub, a Subway, a Second Cup and a Chinese restaurant only a few blocks away (west).

Very quick and easy to get to off the highway - just take the Blair Rd. exit to Montreal Rd. & go west and you will see it on your immediate right (south side). Highway is easier and faster to get to the business core of Ottawa as well even though it looks easier to just drive west on Montreal Rd to get to Wellington St, it is very slow going with traffic and lights. Just take the highway westbound and get off at St. Catherines and go northbound on Elgin or Metcalfe - which is the perfect road to take to get to parking at the World Exchange Plaza (free on weekends as are all the city-run parking lots) that is a great spot to walk to many of the local sites, shows and restaurants.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Éil S
Dear Elle:
Thank you for your positive review. You are exactly right, we offer a clean, quiet, comfortable place to stay. We have soap and disposable cups in all our rooms, but obviously our staff made a mistake. I have spoken to my housekeeping staff and they are double checking all rooms in the future for these details. We take your comments seriously and have prepared a small brochure including information about local restaurants and things to do; great suggestion thank you. We hope you will choose to stay at our motel on your next visit.