“Great Value”

Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Ranked #43 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Reviewed August 20, 2006

Was worried about the property due to bad reviews, but they had undergone a renovation and I knew the area was great. Very pleasantly surprised. Good renovation with only two floors to go. Large rooms and great bathroom with excellent showerhead. Kitchen appliances a little old, with a noisy fridge. Comfortable mattress over 12 inches deep. New linens. Partial obstructed view of Chateau Laurier from balcony. LCD TV in bedroom with cable and DVD player with TV in living room.

Elgin Street one block away with cafes, restaurants and Goldsteins grocery. Rideau shopping mall and parliament buildings a ten minute walk. Great value. Sure to cost more when reno finished.

2  Thank phototripper

Reviewed April 30, 2006

We were at the Extended Stay over Easter, 2006. A little wary after reading reviews but I couldn't beat the price. Travelling with my husband, our son (10) and daughter (14) plus an exchange student from France (also girl, 14).
We had booked a 2 bedroom suite but the entire hotel is being renovated and our suite had not been released from construction, Instead for the same price (around 120 per night) we got two one bedroom suites, at the end of the hall directly across from each other. They were freshly redone and we were the first to stay in them. What a treat!
The beds were great, the kitchen small but very functional and had all cutlery, glassware, dishes, pots, etc. Pull out bed in living room was even good! Girls felt like college girls with their own room, can't say enough about how pleased we were
Great location, several restaurants within 2 minute walk, it was a very quick walk to the parliament buildings and byward market, GREAT Time!!

• Stayed: April 2006
6  Thank Leeleja
Reviewed January 1, 2006

Originally booked two room suite (online) with friends and kids. At arrival told suite not available and were given separate rooms. Pain in the butt since we did not bring baby monitors and weren't about to run back and forth to rooms to check on kids. Service was terrible. Wrote letter of complaint and were sent certificate for one free night. Hotel is adequate.

• Stayed: August 2005
1  Thank tandbilly
A TripAdvisor Member
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed December 25, 2005

Very good value for money (Got it from pricline for US$45/day). But...

Our room which was smoking had the usual smoking odour. Parking was CDN$11 per day. Veryyyy pricy!! I would recommend you look around for street parking if possible. The hotel does not provide your regular toiletries like shampoo and extra soap. When I called downstairs, it took them a while to bring it up.

The place had 2 TVs, microwave, cooking oven, refrigerator, utensils, coffee-maker, etc...

• Stayed: December 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 9, 2005

Virtually the first thing I noticed upon entering my room was the awful looking carpet--not only was it quite old but I counted EIGHT serious burn holes right in front of the couch. Of course, I doubt that every carpet in every room is as bad as this. This was a two-room suite with a queen bed in the bedroom. There was only one TV--in the living room--so I couldn't watch it from the bed. The bed itself was nothing special--the matress had begun to sag a bit and probably should have been replaced. The air conditioning cooled only the living room, so the bedroom was always a little stuffy. Although the suite came equipped with fridge, microwave, stove, teapot and dishes, there was, oddly, no coffee maker. That didn't bother me much since I had brought some of my favorite instant coffee. The bathroom was very nice with one of the largest wash basins I have encountered.
I had a quite good steak dinner (on the recommendation of the friendly barmaid/waitress) in the hotel's Italian restaurant. The location is excellent--about a ten minute walk to Parliament Hill. There are numerous restaurants and pubs within a block or two. I paid $368 (all taxes & fees included) for four nights from Expedia. Not luxury, certainly, but far from a dump either. I'm sure you could pay more for less.

• Stayed: October 2005
3  Thank Kierkegaard
Reviewed October 3, 2005

Stayed here for a weekend with my son wife and 1mo old grandchild.Requested suite w/ queen bedroom but ended up w/2 double beds in LR which had dirty carpet and sofa bed in what was supposed to be bedroom.We were so tired upon arrival we were just glad to to get out of car.I'd ask to see rooom before checking in if I used this place again

Stayed: September 2005
1  Thank peifan
Reviewed September 6, 2005

This hotel offers great value and location. The prices are reasonable and it's a short walk to most downtown areas, including the Ottawa Congress Centre. The rooms are spacious and the customer service is good. There's a nice bistro style restaurant within the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2005, traveled on business
Travelers also viewed these Ottawa hotels
0 mi away
Cartier Place Suite Hotel
0 mi away
Embassy Hotel and Suites
Capital Hill Hotel & Suites
The Business Inn & Suites
Albert at Bay Suite Hotel
Residence Inn Ottawa Downtown

Been to Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa

Address: 141 Cooper St, Ottawa, Ontario K2P 0E8, Canada (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Ottawa - Downtown)
Location: Canada > Ontario > Ottawa
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access
Ranked #43 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Price Range: $88 - $133 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa 3*
Cash is no longer accepted. Parking Fees: Overnight $16 plus taxes Monthly $200 plus taxes ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Ottawa - Downtown Hotel Ottawa