“Good stay!”

Ranked #40 of 67 Hotels in Ottawa
ottawa
“Good stay!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Got a great deal thru Hotwire to stay one night while we went to Bluesfest. I loved the Check in desk-it has a gorgeous aquarium behind the counter. The staff was very pleasant and prompt. We had room 407 which was quiet and overlooked Cooper St. The room was clean, there was a couple of rips on the love chair, that was it. I loved the bathroom, especially the sink-it was so nice!!!! lots of storage space everywhere. The kitchen was a good size but we really didn't use it. You could hear construction a little bit but really it was muffled. Maybe it was because our room wasn't facing that side where construction was taking place.
The bed was comfortable and WIFI was pretty good. We also had lots of AC blasting, so that was no problem, as well as the parking..the lot itself is pretty small, so I can see issues during a busy season re: parking, but we had no problem. The location is right off Elgin Street, so very doable walking around downtown Ottawa.
Overall, a good experience for what we paid.

Room Tip: Maybe stay away from the side of the building where it's facing construction.
Thank sylvie.mac
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for posting such a positive review. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the team and our amenities. While I regret the street work occurring during your stay interfered mildly with your experience, I am happy to let you know that the work has been completed and should not be an issue moving forward.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 18, 2013

This hotel was excellent value for the price. It has a great location, very close to lots of pubs, restaurants, walking distance to a grocery store and Parliament. If modern decor is important to you, this place isn't for you, although, the bathroom seemed recently updated. There was a hint of cigarette smell in our non-smoking room but overall the place was clean and comfortable. I enjoyed my stay and would recommend this place to others.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Lisa - It is so rewarding to read that you had a pleasant stay with us. Thank you for your comments. We appreciate you letting us know that you could smell a hint of smoke. Please know, our smoking rooms are far removed from our non-smoking rooms; however, the smell does sometimes travel from the balcony area. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with an otherwise enjoyable visit.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I booked this hotel via hotwire and ended up paying 60 a night for two nights. The room was great, the hotel looks like an older apartment converted into a hotel but it is very spacious. The outside isn't that impressive but inside looks very nice. We had two tv's, one in the living area and one in the bedroom. The kitchenette was a nice feature to keep water and drinks cold. The location was amazing, plenty to eat just down the street and parliment hill was a 10 minute walk away. Grab and go breakfast was a nice bonus. Really can't complain for 60 dollars a night. Would definitely go again.

1 Thank Chris C
Chris - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. We are so happy to hear that our spacious suites, full kitchens and complimentary grab-and-go breakfast created a "home away from home" experience for you. We hope to see you again soon!
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I booked this hotel for a very good price not expecting much. Got a great hotel - very clean and quiet, large room, clean kitchen and great location. Used the fitness room this morning - again not expecting much. Very clean, fresh towels and water available, small hot tub and sauna. This was a great surprise for the money and I will definitely be coming back. Thanks! Really nice staff too.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding how much you enjoyed the suite, fitness center, and our staff's assistance. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to having you visit with us again in the future!
ontario.ca
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Walked everywhere, safe location, two minutes to Elgin Street and the city hu-bub.
Front desk attendant, Monsour found us a very spacious king studio on the eigth floor, even though we were very early for check-in. Clean and well laid out mini-suite.
No major issues except no hot tub as advertised. Grab and Go breakfast just that. Quick start.
Great value for the money.We booked thru Priceline blindly, pleasant outcome.

Room Tip: Go high, ask for view to Parliament Hill
1 Thank travelbugOntario58
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
The team and I appreciate your upbeat remarks. We are so encouraged to hear that our team and our hotel suited your needs. As well, I am pleased to read that you found our location to be convenient, close to other establishments in the area.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Like many of the other reviewers, I booked this hotel blindly through an Expedia deal. I then read the reviews so I had a pretty good idea of what to expect. Most of the reviews are fairly accurate so it really comes down to expectations/value. For what I paid (under $100 tax in) I would have to say that I was completely satisfied and would recommend this hotel. Yes many of the hallways and furnishing should be updated but the staff was friendly, the rooms clean and functional. We stayed only one night so didn't use the kitchen but some people would really appreciate it. The Grab & Go breakfast is basically coffee, granola bars, and some fruit but there are plenty of fast food restaurants within a couple minutes walk. McDonalds, Harveys, Pizza Pizza, Starbucks. The area also has quite a few pub / restaurants with outdoor seating. We had breakfast at one and really enjoyed it. It's about 15 minutes by foot to the Byward Market / Parliament Hill / Rideau Mall area. I had no parking issues. Paid my $14, had a spot when I arrived and a spot when we came back late from the event we were in town for. A/C worked fine and the hallways were quiet all night. As for comfort, the beds and pillows were good, and the water pressure through the shower head was decent. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a non-smoking floor if you're sensitive to the smell.
1 Thank AllanG
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Allan - Thank you for your honest review of our property. We are delighted we were able to provide you with a clean, functional room and friendly service. As well, I am glad to read that you enjoyed our location.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Charleston, SC USA
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Booked on Hotwire and got a great deal at approximately $70/night. The hotel is also in a great location, only a 5-10 minute walk from Parliament Hill 10-15 walk to Byward market. However, these two good features got cancelled out by having no AC in our bedroom and a very high ($16/night) parking charge. Having no AC in the bedroom was a problem when the temps were in the 80s, and the hotel had no fans to spare. There was AC in the sitting area, but the fan that shuttled the air into bedroom could not keep up with the high temps. Also, parking is VERY expensive. Can't say I could recommend this hotel - at least not in the summer or if you have a car.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KBCCharleston_SCUSA
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. Your comments in regards to the great value and location of our hotel are much appreciated; yet, I was disheartened to read that the air conditioning unit in your room was not optimal. I am reviewing the proper settings with our team to ensure that all our suites are cool upon arrival and continue to run that way during a guests entire stay.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at otw@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.