“Very good price” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Ranked #42 of 67 Hotels in Ottawa
Sao Paulo, SP
“Very good price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

I was looking for hotel and I found this hotel that was a very goog surprise. The price was very good, the location was very good, the front desk people was friendly, the parking is on the hotel and cost $15,00 , the breakfast is poor but was not a surprize for price that we pay. I stayed 1 nigthy and i strong recommend. Paulo from Brazil

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Paulo - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to hear that you were pleased with the value, location, and our team. I am sorry to hear that the grab and go breakfast did not meet your expectations. It is one of our newest offerings, so we are working to perfect what is available for our guests to enjoy. We will keep your comment in mind as we continue to do this.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Brampton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

I had seen a few less than positive reviews so I was a little wary after being told my "secret hotel" was the Extended Stay Ottawa. I needn't been concerned. The outside isn't much to look at, but I thought the room was fantastic. I was in Ottawa to see the Leafs beat the Senators, and not only was it very reasonable and comfortable, it was incredibly convenient.

Very close walking distance to pubs, shopping, and fast food restaurants. 10 minute walk from the transitway which gets you across town very quickly. 10 minute walk to Parliament Hill. Location was just fantastic.

My only real complaint is the WIFI is very slow, but that's a real small sticking point. It was usable, just not what I'm used to. Also, there is construction going on nearby, but that's hardly their fault.

I'd definitely stay again, very high on the value scale.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know that you experienced some speed issues with the internet connection. We are sorry for this, but are happy to read that we provided you with a convenient and comfortable stay. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Bonavista, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

My husband & I stayed here for a Friday night. Location to the function we attended was great, no cab needed. Secure parking was only $14/nite. Very quiet, nicely furnished, good bars & food very close by. Front desk service was # 1. Liz

• 4 of 5 bubbles
It is so rewarding to read that you had a pleasant stay with us. Thank you for your comments. We are thrilled we were able to provide you and your Husband a secure, welcoming place to stay for your Friday evening out. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Pembroke, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

I was a bit worried about this place after an anonymous Hotwire bid, because many of the reviews were pretty bad. I don't know if some rooms are better than others but overall this was great. We got a good deal on Hotwire, paid $5 extra upon checkin for a suite with 2 double beds (can't tell if that was a scam but it was $5 and i was happy to pay it), and the suite was fine. It's a 3 star hotel, you have to be reasonable about furnishings etc; everything in our suite was clean, tidy, and the suite itself was roomy and comfortable. Kitchen wasn't that well equipped but we were only there for the night so not a concern. We got parking on site for $14 extra; was right at the hotel but very small, probably only room for 8 cars, but this was a saturday night and there was only our car and one other in there. Yes the hallways and building in general (other than the lobby) are a bit dated, but for your money you are going to get a good location, lots of room, a separate bedroom and kitchen amenities. Had no issues with noise either at night or in the morning; may have been the hotel wasn't that busy. I would much rather stay here than "nicer" hotels in town for twice the price and half the space. Would stay here again, especially with a few friends for a girls' weekend when you just need a good base and a bit more space to spread out. Overall, great value.

Room Tip: We were offered the choice to upgrade (for $5) to a "suite" with 2 double beds. I don'...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
The team and I appreciate your great review of our hotel. We have made several updates to the property including a full spring cleaning and refreshing guest rooms; there is still more to come! It delights us to know we exceeded your expectations and that you would choose us again.

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

This hotel staff are very helpful and friendly.
I got the room in very competitive price at travelocity.com
the hotel is centrally located.
Suits Big rooms.
Good facilities including sauna, gym, and washing machines.
Restaurants are near by as well as attractions.

Room Tip: secret deals from travelocity
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to hear that our team made you feel welcome and you found us to be a good value. Plus, that you really enjoyed the spaciousness of our guest rooms, the sauna, gym and washing machines as well as our location being around so many other establishments.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

I have stayed here every spring for the last six years, and the staff here are incredibly helpful, patient, and accommodating -- I've never had a bad encounter. The location is excellent for seeing the sights in Ottawa -- walking distance to many sites and museums. When I arrived this year I was also appreciative of the fact that they are upgrading and improving the hotel itself, and also worked really hard to make sure the upgrade process wasn't disruptive to guests. I've always had a really positive experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such generous things about our associates. I am proud of our team for making you feel welcome each spring.

jacksons point
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Would I ever stay here again...absolutley not it's a dump.Customer service sucks,smelled like really bad restaurant,my 7am wake up call was a garbage truck followed by the room next to us smoke alarm going off followed by the kids in the same room screaming.This is by far the worst place I have ever stayed at and will make sure I tell everyone I know NOT to stay at this dump.This place is not even worthy of calling a hotel.Your pictures looks nothing like the room (if you want to call it that)we stayed in.

Room Tip: never stay here
2 Thank Andre R
Region39, Manager at Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that noise issues interefered with your stay, and that the suite did not meet your expectations. In response to your feedback, I am reviewing our polices on dealing with noise complaints, as well as all of our customer service goals. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at otw@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Travelers are raving about these Ottawa hotels