“Worth staying” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Albert House Inn

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Albert House Inn
Ranked #4 of 53 Ottawa B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
“Worth staying”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

A nice B&B in a single house; bright and nicely decorated inside; they even have a reading lounge/living room so you could really relax. Room size is a bit small but I am fine with it as the room decor makes me feel comfortable; clean linens and nice bed. The breakfast is the best part: made to order and lots of choices and styles and comparably to many branded hotels; (I hope they can add ham as another meat choice)

Albert House Inn is also very close to bus stations where airport ride makes easier (I drove to there but took the airport bus when I left. The bus ride just costs me $3.4. Its at least 15 min walk to Parliament Buildings (after all the walks within the city, 15 min walk is not that bad but you really wanted to be back asap)...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Collingwood, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

I travel regularly to Ottawa for business and this is the perfect home away from home. The rooms are clean, comfortable and well appointed for business (if not a little quirky). Breakfast are great and they are able to provide small meals throughout the day if needed. The Manager is excellent and makes you feel right at home. Parking can be a bit of a scramble (leaving keys at desk is required) but it has never been a problem for me. The location is ideal for both business and pleasure and I always feel safe. I have been travelling to Ottawa for 20 years and have stayed at all of the major hotels downtown. Quite simply, this is so much better and more personal.....and less expensive.....

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Scarborough, ON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

We only stayed one night (September 21, 2013) and were quite pleased with our experience at the Albert House Inn. Extremely friendly and helpful staff. A bed that helped us sleep in mere moments and wake up refreshed. A cozy and comfortable room with everything we needed. Coffee, tea or hot chocolate available in a sitting room at any time. Excellent breakfast provided multiple choices in a fine dining setting complete with table linen. A place well worth visiting!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Suwanee, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

We just spent one night (August 21, 2013) at the Albert House and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. It is in the heart of downtown Ottawa so it was nice to be close to things. You can walk to Parliament Hill and other downtown attractions but it is a longish walk (20 minutes) and at times very busy traffic. The Inn itself is very charming and though the staff is excellent it doesn't appear you are dealing with the owners (like a B&B). Room was very comfortable but the commode room (extremely small) & shower/sink were on opposite sides of the room (not really an issue but unusual). Breakfast was prepared fresh for us and it was very good. There is a charge for parking but well worth it. They actually let us park there until 3:30 as parking in downtown Ottawa is just horrible. Have already recommended the Albert House and we would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

I was doing some consulting work in Ottawa, and the hosting organization offered the Albert House Inn for my accommodation. This little jewel in downtown Ottawa has seventeen rooms, and is a wonderful example of a repurposed historic building. A dining area in the basement provided an excellent breakfast (juice, coffee, tea, breakfast sandwich, a variety of pancakes, toast, eggs any style, sausage, bacon) all made to order. There was internet throughout, although the connection on the fourth floor was not strong enough for Skype. A separate toilet and sink/shower, though small, were quite adequate. The air-conditioning was an oscillating LG system that was absolutely quiet (and effective).

The best part of my stay there was the "is there anything more we can do?" attitude. I arrived at 8:15 in the morning (don't ask), and while checkin wasn't 'til three, they had said they'd look after my luggage if I wanted to explore the neighbourhood. When I got there, though, my room was available and there was no issue about going straight to the room. A small urn of coffee and a mug were provided, and I was able to work through the morning at the fold-top desk. A large flat-screen TV was also there, but I didn't have a chance to check out the channel selection.

It is about a 12 minute walk to the Supreme Court (public tours available) and 20 minutes to Parliament Hill (tours available through the visitor centre across Wellington St.) and the Sparks St. Mall, and about 28 or 30 minutes' walk to the National War Memorial and Rideau Centre.

There is, I think, some parking available, but I don't know if there was a cost, as I either walked or was picked up for my work.

I would stay at this property, most happily, were the opportunity to present itself.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stayed with my wife & another couple on 9th & 10th August 2013.Hotel was originally a house designed & built as his family home by a respected Canadian architect in 1875. The current owners have tastefully furnished & decorated the 17 room hotel to reflect that period.
We stayed in Room 301, a superior queen @ $148 per night bed & breakfast.
The room had an ensuite shower room & seperate toilet.All furniture & fittings were clean, attractive & sufficient for our needs.
The view from room was limited but this is a city centre hotel & an exceptional view was not a pre requisite.
The breakfast was excellent with a choice of usual fare with some Canadian specialities thrown in. One nice touch was that tea or coffee could be ordered & served in the fine residents lounge any time free of charge, it was a very graceful way to end a days sightseeing before changing & going out to dinner. On site car parking was available at $12 day. We walked to all the main attractions in Ottawa with comparative ease. Would thoroughly reccommend this hotel if you are looking for somewhere distinctive, central & good value for money, which the large corporate hotels cannot always supply.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Have stayed here many times over the years, staff is friendly and breakfast great, rooms cozy, only problem is that there seems to be some lack of coordination: room doesnt get serviced everyday, have experienced this twice now, when I return to room and find towels havent been changed or garbage emptied .... otherwise would have given full five stars

• Stayed August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
albertinn, Owner at Albert House Inn, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for your comments and your return visits to our Inn. I would like to respond to your complaints about our service. Our rooms are cleaned everyday and usually by 3pm at the latest. However, if a guest returns during the day when room cleaning is taking place, we may not have gotten to a particular room at that time and it may appear that the room was not cleaned. Housekeeping staff never go into a room that has a Do Not Disturb sign on the door and as this is a bed and breakfast inn and not a full service hotel, if a guest has a DND sign on their door and returns later in the evening, then yes, the room will not have been cleaned. One simply has to call the Front Desk and fresh towels and garbage can be attended to by the clerk. Also, we make a point of telling guests (and there are signs in all the rooms) that if new towels are required, the soiled ones should be placed on the shower floor.

Any concerns about our housekeeping service are taken very seriously and attended to immediately if a guest tells us about the situation. We have been operating our Inn for twenty seven years and have very good housekeeping and back up systems in place and excellent ratings in this area. I am sorry there you feel that there was some lessening of our standards but do thank you for your comments as we appreciate all reviews.