“Happiness & Home”

Albert House Inn
Ranked #5 of 55 Ottawa B&B and Inns
“Happiness & Home”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Perfect location! Beautiful rooms, lovely, friendly, genuine service. Actually felt a lot like b & b's in England. Big enough to be private, small enough to feel homelike. We met friends there and made new ones! Steps from a pretty little park and a few short blocks from all that downtown Ottawa has to offer! Truly a magical experience. I would never stay anywhere else in Ottawa again!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Taraleecox

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Brasilia, DF
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We had a great stay in Albert House Inn in Toronto. Charming, cozy, carefully decorated. You feel as if staying in an old, but well preserved house. Service is wonderful. Breakfast is great, home made. I would indicate it to my friends. Besides, it is a good break from regular same looking type hotels. And the price is good, compared to others in the area.

Room Tip: I would say it is not a hotel for small children, but ideal for romantic couples.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank naraclf
Kitchener
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I stayed at the Albert House part of the Canada Day weekend. I had stayed here several years ago, loved it then & decided to come back. I was happy on my first visit & even happier on my second!!
Customer Service is everything to the lovely owners & their staff. They treated me like I was a guest in their own home. I felt special & welcome. My room was clean & nicely arranged with some personal touches that you would expect in a lovely old inn.

Breakfast was cooked to order in the Dining Room by some delightful College students. Again, they were personable & a lot of fun. There were several breakfast choices as well & nicely cooked.

One of the nicest rooms in this Inn is the Parlor or Common Room at the front of the house. After a long day of walking around Ottawa, it is possible to gather in this room to talk to other guests or just relax with a good book. One of the ladies will offer you tea, hot chocolate, whatever you want--again a nice personal touch.

Albert House is located in a good area about a t0-15 minute walk to Parliament Hill, a little further to the Rideau Centre & another few minutes to the Byward Market.

To summarize, I had a great experience at Albert House. I will make this my home now whenever I am in Ottawa.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We, along with friends from England stayed at Albert House Inn for three nights.
The rooms were quiet and very comfortable and the breakfasts outstanding.
But the highlight of our stay was the friendly staff. This hotel appears to be run exclusively by a group of young women who would do anything to make our visit enjoyable. One even backed my car out of the parking lot onto a busy road!
If you're looking for a high quality hotel in central Ottawa, with a more personal touch this is for you.

Room Tip: Make time to enjoy their delicious breakfsts.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Gaspe Coast
Reviewed June 9, 2013

For Trip Advisor

My wife and I always look forward to coming to Ottawa, to our favourite B&B, The Albert House Inn. The staff, mostly students, are welcoming, efficient, and courteous. They are also strong, because they carry our bags in for us up the steps at the front!

They serve a marvellous large breakfast, which we like. When I suggested I needed non-fat milk, the owner went right out and bought some to make our breakfasts more pleasurable. The rooms are comfortable and clean, and the atmosphere in the old heritage house is — just as you would imagine — like your own home. The location is close to Library and Archives Canada, and a slightly longer walk to the Houses Of Parliament.

I Heartily Recommend This B&B.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank malibunovelist
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I came to Ottawa for a course and to sit for an important exam while trying to shake a nasty chest cold. The people at Albert House were tremendously hospitable, thoughtful, and actually cared about me while staying there. Offering hot tea regularly, good hearty breakfasts, and a genuine friendliness turned a potentially awful experience into a pleasant one. Thanks to all, will definitely come back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Montreal
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Manager asked me not come back again because she did not like my girlfriend's attire. Accepted my money of 160 dollars and then asked me not to come back. Because I was disvaluing her place. She treated me as if I was scum. That no way to treat a customer. If she has a dress code she should let me know on her website. The rooms were very small for the price. looked bigger on the net.

Room Tip: Take the room with a Jacuzzi it is okay
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Christopher F
albertinn, Owner at Albert House Inn, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
As the owner of the Inn, I would like to respond to this review. It was I and not my Manager who suggested Mr. F. stay elsewhere on his next visit to Ottawa.

There are girlfriends and then there are girlfriends. . . . . I say no more.

Catherine Delroy