“Another pleasant stay.”

Ranked #5 of 54 Ottawa B&B and Inns
Kingston, Canada
“Another pleasant stay.”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My 20 year old daughter and I stayed at the Albert Inn for the second time February 2013 in a comfortable, cozy twin room. Room clean and quiet, to be picky, some of the trim paint could use a touch up and owners may wish to print off some new booklets on info/recommendations re the area as the one in our room was pretty worn and I had to go looking for the card for the Wifi password. Friendly welcoming staff. Wood burning fireplace was on at arrival in the front room and throughout evening. Breakfast was good and surroundings pleasant. Noticed a group of military men staying there...not usual B and B crowd to my mind. The breakfast staff indicated that they often do stay, perhaps due to the good breakfast included in the rate. Parking outside at the back is tight when it snows; that is the only negative. Definately recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Elizabeth471
albertinn, Owner at Albert House Inn, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for your review and the helpful suggestions you made. We always appreciate our guest's feedback whether positive or negative. That's how we fix things and improve our business.

We do welcome a great variety of guests at our Inn from all professions. After having been here for over 26 years we have realized that the only thing that really defines a b& b person is their desire to experience unique accommodation and friendly personal service, the pleasure of meeting different people from all walks of live from all over the world and the enjoyment of great breakfasts.

Yes, parking is certainly tighter during the winter months, especially this winter which resulted in the largest snow pile we have ever had thereby reducing the number of spots available. However, more guests arrive by train, bus or plane during the bad weather so parking requirements are always lower during the winter. As always though, guest's vehicles are always accessible.

We appreciate your staying with us again and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
l

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I've stayed at the Albert House Inn 3 or 4 times over the last few years and I must say it's been my favourite place in Ottawa to stay. It's both great for the business and holidaying traveler. Park your car once and you can walk to almost everywhere in the downtown core of the city..........even to Quebec!

The rooms are comfortable, the breakfasts are great and the staff are the best. I would recommend this place to everyone I know.

Steve Maloney
Oakville, Ontario

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I discovered this B&B / family hotel years ago and stay there most of the time when travelling to Ottawa for business. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is wonderful. My bed was very comfortable, and I enjoyed the in-room jacuzzi. There were however a few things that needed to be fixed in the room. I notified management and it was taken care of the next day as best they could. Hopefully everything will be fixed when I go back in early May!

Room Tip: Ask for the room with the Jacuzzi! Tip: government rate is the same for all rooms...
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My office colleagues stay at big hotels, but I stay at Albert House. From the moment I arrive I'm met with a smile. I LOVE the wood-burning fireplace crackling in the living room. I curl up on one of the sofas, laptop signed on to wi-fi, sipping on a hot chocolate or tea offered by the receptionist. Breakfast is made to order from a menu. A variety of newspapers are available to read over breakfast, or in front of that lovely fireplace. I book single rooms and they are small, but convenient and all I need. I gather the owners are long-time operators. They know what they are doing and what guests want. Kudos to my hosts....I wish I could visit more than 2-3 times per year.

British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Our room was quaintly floral and lovely, and the breakfasts were perfectly delicious. Definitely recommend it. The bathroom had sink and shower in one room and toilet in another, which is very convenient in the busy morning. Staff were friendly and helpful. A good choice!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank O-Sherry
Reviewed February 28, 2013

If you are looking for a beautiful, friendly, relaxing, "get-away-from-it-all" Victorian B & B in downtown Ottawa, this is the place. We can't say enough about the amenities--amazing breakfasts, comfy, spacious rooms with a Victorian twist, complimentary (and quick) room service for tea, coffee, ice, water, juice, a cozy lounge with a REAL fireplace, daily newspapers, friendly and accommodating staff, bookcases stuffed with every book imaginable, Wi-Fi, close proximity to all of downtown Ottawa's highlight, and more. And don't forget 'The Scone Witch' just down the street! We will always come back. Congratulations, John and Kathy. You have a wonderful place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Readfield, Maine
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We love traveling to Ottawa in February to skate on the 15 km of the Rideau Canal during Winterlude and we have done so annually for the last four years. The comfortable friendly Albert House Inn is a big part of the appeal of this trip. We love walking from our Inn to the canal and to all the sights, museums, international restaurants, and plays. When we come home to the Inn, we find a blazing fire in the fireplace and are invited to have tea and read the paper while we warm up. We enjoy the delicious breakfast prepared by the attentive staff and appreciate their assistance with making reservations or other plans. At one point we had a health issue and thought we might need to visit a hospital. We were given a map and clear directions and found that all the snow had been cleared off our car to allow us to leave quickly, if necessary. Very thoughtful people.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple