“Best place in Ottawa to stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Albert House Inn

Albert House Inn
Ranked #5 of 53 Ottawa B&B and Inns
Oakville, Canada
“Best place in Ottawa to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

I've stayed at the Albert House Inn 3 or 4 times over the last few years and I must say it's been my favourite place in Ottawa to stay. It's both great for the business and holidaying traveler. Park your car once and you can walk to almost everywhere in the downtown core of the city..........even to Quebec!

The rooms are comfortable, the breakfasts are great and the staff are the best. I would recommend this place to everyone I know.

Steve Maloney
Oakville, Ontario

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

I discovered this B&B / family hotel years ago and stay there most of the time when travelling to Ottawa for business. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is wonderful. My bed was very comfortable, and I enjoyed the in-room jacuzzi. There were however a few things that needed to be fixed in the room. I notified management and it was taken care of the next day as best they could. Hopefully everything will be fixed when I go back in early May!

Room Tip: Ask for the room with the Jacuzzi! Tip: government rate is the same for all rooms...
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

My office colleagues stay at big hotels, but I stay at Albert House. From the moment I arrive I'm met with a smile. I LOVE the wood-burning fireplace crackling in the living room. I curl up on one of the sofas, laptop signed on to wi-fi, sipping on a hot chocolate or tea offered by the receptionist. Breakfast is made to order from a menu. A variety of newspapers are available to read over breakfast, or in front of that lovely fireplace. I book single rooms and they are small, but convenient and all I need. I gather the owners are long-time operators. They know what they are doing and what guests want. Kudos to my hosts....I wish I could visit more than 2-3 times per year.

British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Our room was quaintly floral and lovely, and the breakfasts were perfectly delicious. Definitely recommend it. The bathroom had sink and shower in one room and toilet in another, which is very convenient in the busy morning. Staff were friendly and helpful. A good choice!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank O-Sherry
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

If you are looking for a beautiful, friendly, relaxing, "get-away-from-it-all" Victorian B & B in downtown Ottawa, this is the place. We can't say enough about the amenities--amazing breakfasts, comfy, spacious rooms with a Victorian twist, complimentary (and quick) room service for tea, coffee, ice, water, juice, a cozy lounge with a REAL fireplace, daily newspapers, friendly and accommodating staff, bookcases stuffed with every book imaginable, Wi-Fi, close proximity to all of downtown Ottawa's highlight, and more. And don't forget 'The Scone Witch' just down the street! We will always come back. Congratulations, John and Kathy. You have a wonderful place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Readfield, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

We love traveling to Ottawa in February to skate on the 15 km of the Rideau Canal during Winterlude and we have done so annually for the last four years. The comfortable friendly Albert House Inn is a big part of the appeal of this trip. We love walking from our Inn to the canal and to all the sights, museums, international restaurants, and plays. When we come home to the Inn, we find a blazing fire in the fireplace and are invited to have tea and read the paper while we warm up. We enjoy the delicious breakfast prepared by the attentive staff and appreciate their assistance with making reservations or other plans. At one point we had a health issue and thought we might need to visit a hospital. We were given a map and clear directions and found that all the snow had been cleared off our car to allow us to leave quickly, if necessary. Very thoughtful people.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

We have been to Ottawa many times and have stayed at various hotels. Since discovering the Albert House Inn, we have made it our one and only place to stay when in Ottawa. It is conveniently located and parking is readily available on site.The rooms that we have stayed in are tastefully decorated and include large flat screen TVs and wireless internet. The staff is friendly and the service is above and beyond the norm. The breakfast is amazing in their cozy dining room. Can't say enough about this great place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family