$124
$158
$127
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $146/night.

$142
$138
Hotels.com
$162
$158
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $219/night.

$221
$194
$137
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $184/night.

$122
$119
3,165 results
All reviewsfull kitchenconvenience storepatio furniturepillow menubyward marketparliament hillwar museumhome away from homewell equipped kitchenrooms are hugeunderground parkingseparate bedroomwithin walking distancedowntown ottawalots of spacedining tablefront desk staff
Reviewed February 16, 2009

We were surprised how lovely and large the suites were at this hotel. Great location too!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank barnfeline
Reviewed January 25, 2009

The wedding we attended suggested we stay here and we were not disappointed. The suite we were given was very big and came with a well equipped kitchen.

The staff at reception could not of helped us more - priniting out directions to relatives houses, suggesting places to eat round and about. my straigtners didnt work over there and they suggested a drig store 4 blocks away to go and buy a pair at a reasonable price!

There is free internet in reception where you can also use the printer. The convience store downstairs is ok but limited in stock and overpriced

It was within walking distance to Parliament hill and the city centre which was great when we had free time.

I would definatley stay here if returning to Ottowa

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Tashca
Reviewed January 12, 2009

The suite we were given was very big and came with a well equipped kitchen, we've stayed in a number of 4 star hotels in Ottawa and this was definitely the best experience, the space really allows you to return to your suite at night and settle down like you're at home - this made for a really relaxing experience. As well, if you're visiting friends and family it's nice to be able to act as hosts in comfortable surroundings. We found it to be a pleasant walk to Parliament Hill and the city centre, not too far, although necessary if you did not want to eat at the hotel. We'll certainly look to stay here again in the future and it's firmly on our recommend to friends list.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Odysseus123
Reviewed December 17, 2008

I spent four nights at the Albert at Bay earlier this month. I chose this property because I thought I'd be able to use it as a base to visit museums and governmental buildings by foot and bus at a reasonable cost and I was not disappointed in my choice despite a bus strike that forced some alterations in my original plan. Before the buses went on strike I was able to take the 95 bus from the VIA rail station to the hotel for $3 in coins. There is a convenience store that you can access from the hotel lobby that is opened 24/7 and where you can buy bus tickets and get whatever you need to stock the full kitchen in your suite. The bus system in Ottawa is extensive and easy to use(when running!) from the Albert at Bay. The huge suite was clearly dated as I anticipated it to be but was clean and in good working order. The bed was comfortable. Unlike some previous reviewers, I found the front desk staff to be helpful and friendly which allowed me to get good advice on how best to get around after the buses went on strike and the traffic in downtown Ottawa came to a crawl.
I had no trouble using the terminals in the Business Centre in the lobby to access the Internet at no cost.
There is a very good Tex-Mex restaraunt(Southern Cross) in the adjacent Radisson and Baton Rouge is a good dining choice only a block away.
Ottawa is a compact town and it is easy to walk to most of the museums and attractions if the weather is OK. I walked to the National Gallery and Byward Market after the buses went on strike. These are both on the "other" side of Parliament from the Albert at Bay but were well worth the effort.
I think that Albert at Bay is a great choice for the price if you want a good base to explore Ottawa knowing that the huge suites are somewhat dated but well maintained.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank MobileResident
Reviewed December 3, 2008

I booked a room with two beds at the TravelZoo rate of $114/night including parking and internet. A great deal. A call to the hotel to confirm resulted in an upgrade to a two bedroom suite, which was very kind. Spacious it was-- tons of room, but most of it wasted.

Tiny windows in the bedrooms. It felt like a dingy basement apartment in terms of decor. There is a balcony that faces into other buildings. Noisy neighbours made opening the windows impossible.

At this rate, though, it is tough to complain-- it was clean and secure and had a kitchen with enough dishes and supplies. Good location for business or for a visit to Parliament Hill; public bus from the airport stops nearby. It would be good value for a family on a budget. Not so good for anyone who likes a bit of style in their hotel.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank 2due