“Large rooms!”

Albert at Bay Suite Hotel
Ranked #2 of 67 Hotels in Ottawa
“Large rooms!”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 4 days in March-April 2014 as part of a long work related trip. This was the last of 5 hotels that we stayed in and it was by far the best. It had a separate living room, bed room and even a kitchenette. While not enough equipment to really cook a full evening meal there was enough for some basic cooking.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with a northern view and the upper floors as we were on the second floor and really di...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
AlbertBaySuiteHotel, Front Office Manager at Albert at Bay Suite Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Schneides,

Thank you for choosing The Albert at Bay Suite Hotel.

We appreciate that you took the time to write a review online. Thank you for your kind words.

There are some extra kitchen items for guests who want to do more then standard cooking such as cookie sheets and bigger pots. These items are available by requesting at the Front Desk.

We hope to see you again on your next trip to the Nation's Capital.

Amanda Craig

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Gananoque
Reviewed April 1, 2014

My husband and I stayed there March 17-19 2014. We were greeted in the lobby by two wonderful,friendly employees- Bernadette and Janel. They were genuinely friendly, knowledgable , and informative. We received our key to a spacious 1 bedroom suite. The beds were so comfortable and plush. The livingroom area well appointed with a comfy couch and chair. A fully loaded kitchen was appreciated as well. We decided to stay an extra night and encountered no problems with our request. On our way in and out, we were always greeted by name and with a smile. Staff like Bernadette and Janel will ensure alot of repeat business. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and definately will be back.

Room Tip: our room was on the fifth floor, and we heard no street noise
1 Thank Heather H
Dear Heather H,

Thank you for choosing The Albert at Bay Suite Hotel during your recent trip to Ottawa.

We are delighted to read that you had a wonderful experience. Thank you for sharing this on Trip Advisor and thank you also for the special recognition for Bernadette and Janel. Our staff are truly our greatest asset.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Ottawa for your next visit.

Ontario
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I recently travelled to Ottawa for business, only to find that the place they had "reserved" for me was not ready for my arrival. Without a second thought I went to Albert at Bay!

Here I was....11 hours travel....cold winter night..... no place to stay, but at Albert at Bay...dinner on site...room available...great price!!!! I was Sooooo relieved.

The service is stellar... the rooms are fabulous...the price was awesome!!! They consider what you need, even before you know you need it :)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
AlbertBaySuiteHotel, Front Office Manager at Albert at Bay Suite Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear OntarioDiz,

Thank you for choosing The Albert at Bay Suite Hotel during your recent business trip to Ottawa.

We were delighted to read your review and honored that you consider us the "Go To" hotel in Ottawa. Thank you very much for sharing your compliments about our price, customer service and rooms. We are very proud of our team and our product.

We look forward to your next stay!

Huntington Beach
Reviewed March 31, 2014

For someone who is traveling for the longer haul, I highly recommend this place! The rooms are kept up very nicely, the service is great and a full kitchen that is cleaned daily with a fridge and a dishwasher!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Jane90254,

Thank you for choosing the Albert at Bay Suite Hotel.

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and would recommend us for someone staying long term. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience online.

We look forward to your next stay!

Collingwood, Canada
Reviewed March 31, 2014

My husband and I booked this hotel through hotwire for a phenomenal deal for what you get.The staff was very friendly upon check-in and we even got lucky enough to get free parking right across the street from the hotel on the weekend. The rooms are quite large (as advertised) and very clean. We had much more room than we needed and look forward to coming back to this hotel with more family in the future. We didn't utilize the kitchen or dining room during our trip as we were only there a night but we agreed that it would be a very nice thing to have when staying longer and with more people. The bed and pillows were quite comfortable and my husband and I both had great sleeps. The location of the hotel is pretty good, took us about 10-15minutes to walk to the Parliament and Byward Market area. Would definitely go back here and highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Wintfp11,

Thank you for choosing The Albert at Bay Suite Hotel.

We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and will come back. Thank you for taking the time to share some kind words about our staff and comfortable bed and pillows.

We look forward to your next visit to Ottawa!

Vancouver, BC
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I had NO idea what to expect when I arrived at this hotel for a conference in Ottawa. It was the place that appeared on my itinerary and was being paid by someone else; I hadn't picked it. I used to live in Ottawa and had never heard of this place.

Anyway: what a delightful surprise! From the moment I was greeted by the lovely Bernadette at the front desk I knew this was going to be more than all right.

Because I mentioned that my daughter might drop by for a visit, I was upgraded (thanks Bernadette!) to a lovely two-bedroom suite on the eighth floor, where the carpets were replaced between one day and the next quite seamlessly! My suite was gorgeous, lovely neutral tones, fully equipped, and quiet, quiet, quiet. And the bed! Sooooooo comfortable! Fully equipped kitchen too; a nice plus for people staying a little longer.

I later found out how good the price was and decided that this will be my go-to hotel in Ottawa from now on. Can't say enough good about this place and will be talking it up for a long time to come.

Also, the night my daughter visited, we walked up three blocks to Ricardo's (reviewed elsewhere on this site) and grabbed lasagna to go. It was good and so nice to be able to eat it properly in the dining room of the suite.

The location is excellent--blocks to Parliament Hill and about a 20-minute walk to the Byward Market. Excellent for business or families...or even romance!

Dear Candid_Canuck,

Thank you for staying at The Albert at Bay Suite Hotel.

We are delighted to see your review and happy that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for sharing your experience online. Your detailed review will be very helpful for our future guests.

We look forward to hosting you again soon!

Ajax
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I spent a week there March 24 to March 29 . Terrific value. Nothing beats having a full kitchen and all that extra space. Spotlessly clean. Staff were very nice. One tip. When you arrive enter off Bay. There is room to leave the car and check in . I was not aware of this and parked on Albert during rush hour . Neither the cabbies nor bus drivers were thrilled with me. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Wonderful stay.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank McScottyman
Dear McScottyman,

Thank you for choosing The Albert at Bay Suite Hotel during your recent trip.

We are happy to read that you found terrific value with us and enjoyed a spotlessly clean room. Thank you also for mentioning a good tip for our future travelers to enter the parking off of Bay Street.

We look forward to having you stay with us again!