3,214 results
All reviewsfull kitchenconvenience storepatio furniturepillow menuparliament hillbyward marketwar museumhome away from homerooms are hugewell equipped kitchenunderground parkingwithin walking distanceseparate bedroomdowntown ottawadining tableminute walkfront desk staff
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I am a returning customer. I stayed at the Albert at Bay 14 years ago, and remember that it was a good experience. Returning this fall, I found that it was renovated. I spent a month there and it helped make my work trip memorable.

I stayed in a one bedroom (queen) unit on the 7th floor. It was very clean. Everyone was friendly and made sure to accommodate my needs. The apartment size was just right, and the extra bathroom was very useful, especially when I had people over for a work meeting. I also appreciated the flexibility in the timing of servicing the room. This made a big difference as there were days when I had to stay in and work during the mornings before going out. I also like the storage space which I used to put my suitcases and work material, so the apartment was always neat and clutter free. The internet connection was fast and I never had a problem there.

I know I will always stay there when I am in Ottawa next. I am grateful to the staff and especially acknowledge lovely Danika from Sales, and the wonderful and always smiling James from the staff.

Room Tip: There are two types of one bedroom units (queen size bed), one of them has two bathrooms. This has a much better layout than the one bathroom unit. They are at the same price. Only they face the main street and hear the buses.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
AlbertBaySuiteHotel, Front Office Manager at Albert at Bay Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Albert at Bay Suite Hotel during your month long stay in Ottawa.

We are delighted to hear that you had an excellent experience. Thank you for taking the time to share this online with the Trip Advisor community. Danika and James and all of the staff were honored to see that you enjoyed the personal service that was provided.

We hope that you are able to join us again soon in Canada's Capital City.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Pros:
The spacious and clean suites had two LCD screen displays (livingroom and bedroom). Ample closets and dresser drawers for your clothes.
A great sleep as the bed was very comfortable and the place was really quiet.
A fully equipped kitchen that allowed one to make a meal from scratch or refrigerate and re-heat leftovers from a restaurant.
A secure underground parking for vehicles at $20.95 a day. This is especially nice when the weather outside is cold and wet.
Staff, from front desk to housekeeping, was friendly and helpful

Cons:
It is located at the edge of downtown. Approximately 2 km to the Byward Market, Rideau Centre, restaurants and eateries, it might be a distance for some. The weather was cold and brisk, so a couple times walking back to the hotel from this area, I wish I would have booked a hotel closer to the core.

The WiFi, although complimentary, was very intermittently good. Most times, I would have to wait up to a couple of minutes before I could access my email or internet. I was lucky if I could get a maximum of a two bar signal.

Summarize:
Would I stay here again? The only reason we go to Ottawa is to visit friends and didn’t spend a lot of time at the hotel. Therefore, we didn’t use all the amenities the suite had to offer and probably never will. I think I would book a hotel closer to the downtown core.

However, I highly recommend for families and/or large groups. The price for what you get is more than reasonable.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing The Albert at Bay Suite Hotel.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your detailed review online. Thank you for the kind words about the suites and our staff.

We do apologize that the internet was only intermittently good during your stay. If you are available to do so, could you please contact me to let me know the date of your stay and your room number so this can be properly investigated? I can be reached at Amanda@albertatbay.com or 613-238-8858.

In regards to our location, we completely understand it may be further away from the sites and friends you came to see. We do hope to have the opportunity to host you again when you have need for the larger suites. We are always happy to see you at The Albert at Bay Suite Hotel.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Recently our family came to Ottawa for a family birthday celebration and decided to make a weekend of it.Of course we stayed at Albert at Bay .From the moment we all arrived each and every one of us were greeted by friendly,courteous staff. The suites were great and one of the rooms became our gathering spot. The location of this hotel is perfect to walk pretty well anywhere you need to go to in Ottawa. Great clean and well equipped suites,friendly knowledgeable staff and great location.Who wouldn't want to keep coming back time after time?

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing The Albert at Bay Suite Hotel.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience online.

On behalf of all the staff, we can't wait for you to stay here again too!

Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

Had to go to Ottawa for meetings and stayed at the Albert at Bay Hotel.

A great room and excellent service.

Front Desk Staff were always friendly and happy to help.

The restaurant food was, as expected, quite tasty and the service was quick.

I will continue to stay here whenever I travel to Ottawa.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for choosing The Albert at Bay Suite Hotel.

We were thrilled to read your online review. Thank you for taking the time to share such kind words about the hotel and the front desk staff. We are lucky to have such an amazing team, they are our greatest asset.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!! Thank you for continuing to stay with us whenever you travel to Ottawa.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

We stayed at this suite hotel for a wedding just this past weekend. All the rooms are suites! They are all equipped with a full kitchen, living room area & dining room, plus 2 full bathrooms! The master suite is equipped with a flat screen TV as is the living room! (You can also get a 2 bedroom suite). It was so totally affordable! The staff are friendly and very helpful. It is close to downtown and walking distance to all major sites so this makes for a lovely stay if you are traveling to Ottawa.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing The Albert at Bay Suite Hotel.

We were pleased to read your review here on Trip Advisor. We want you to stay here again too! Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience online.

We look forward to hosting you again soon.