My wife and I stayed at the Albert at Bay Suite Hotel in August 2013 for two nights. This was our second stay at the hotel, the last being at least eight years ago. Surprisingly, our names and address were still in their computer system.
This hotel is a terrific value, priced at about what you would pay for a small room in another hotel in town. For this price, we had a comfortable suite, with a full kitchen, a living room with TV, a bedroom with TV, and two bathrooms. The bedding was comfortable. Each of the bathrooms had extra towels. The hotel had an exercise room that included both aerobic equipment, each with its own TV, and dumbbell weights. The lobby is small and sparse.
Attached to the hotel, through an indoor hallway from the lobby or the sidewalk outside, was a convenience store. This store was larger than what you'd find in a typical hotel, but still not very well equipped from our perspective. They had only four brands of cereal, for example, and three of them were sweetened. Still, if you're staying in a suite hotel, the availability of convenient shopping is helpful.
The Parliament buildings, National Gallery, and Byward Market are all within walking distance, but it's not a short walk (1.5 km to Parliament and 3.6 km to the National Gallery, for example). Other hotels might be a bit more convenient.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-Suite Hotel located 1 block from shopping & business area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Albert at Bay Suite Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albert At Bay Hotel Ottawa
- Hotel Albert At Bay Suite