We stayed at the hotel based on the good reviews we'd read on the internet... and we're glad we did. Not knowing the city, we wanted to be sure that our accomodation was at least perect.... and it pretty much was.
The staff were great throughout our stay and the room itself was huge. With a living / dining room containing a comfy suite & flat screen TV, fully setup kitchen, main bathroom, bedroom (again with flat screen TV) and en-suite, it was absolutely all we needed for our 3 night stay.
The room was always well cleaned and while not the last word in modern decor, it was still well presented, comfortably and relaxing.
Travelling with a baby, we made good use of the fridge, microwave & kettle in the kitchen. Coffee was topped up daily too.
The only downsides to the hotel are the location. The main roads (Albert / Bay) are busy and there's a bus stop outside the hotel which makes it a little noisy in the front facing rooms. Also, while only 10/15min from the Parliment buidlings, it takes a good 25/30mins to walk to Byward Market / Rideau St and the bulk of the shopping / nightlife / restaurants. That said, the restaurant attached to the hotel serves some brilliant food!
All things considered it's a great hotel as long as you don't mind a bit of a walk to anything past Parliment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-Suite Hotel located 1 block from shopping & business area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Albert at Bay Suite Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albert At Bay Hotel Ottawa
- Hotel Albert At Bay Suite