“great customer service”

Ranked #41 of 67 Hotels in Ottawa
Sudbury, Canada
“great customer service”
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

They had us on the second floor, when asked if we could have first floor because of haveing my disabled mother with me, the gentleman behind the desk quickly had that changed to the first floor, rooms were good love the fact that the pool was salt water, everything is close by( Timmys and stores).

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Stephanie C
Shawn R, Manager at Best Western Plus Ottawa Kanata Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Thank you for your review. We are always willing to accommodate guest requests and have your stay as comfortable as possible.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed March 17, 2014

My family stayed here for 3 nights recently. We had 2 double queen rooms. The rooms were clean, and the beds were very comfortable. The pool was nice, although it was surprisingly cold. I had read on their website that it was heated, but it certainly did not feel that way. The cleaning lady was very friendly. She always said good morning, and seemed genuinely pleasant. Front desk staff were nice. We really enjoyed our stay, and would defiantly use this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank fixatia
Shawn R, Manager at Best Western Plus Ottawa Kanata Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you for your kind words.
Here at Best Western you stay with people who care.
the pool is kept at a temperature of 82 degrees. most people find that is an ideal temperature but of course other find it better when over 90 degrees.
Our hotel has serta pillow top beds with Invista Comforel pillows to ensure a great sleep at night.

We all hope to see you again on your next stay.
London
Reviewed March 8, 2014

The hotel was actually quite good, but not very good. The staff were very helpful when looking after my business room. Food quality for business was not that great, but edible. Overall not a bad experience and restaurant staff were very friendly.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

3 Thank Tom D
Shawn R, Manager at Best Western Plus Ottawa Kanata Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you for taking to time to write this review.
We are continuing to improve our product to give our guest an great experience.
There will be a new menu coming out this spring with many improvements.

I do hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again.
NEW HAMBURG
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel twice in the past four months. The first stay was not the best and after completing their satisfaction survey I was e-mailed by the Hotel Management about my comments. They basically asked for a second chance, so I went back.

I had a King Business Suite. It was large, two rooms, clean and comfortable. If I had a complaint about the room it would be the heating/cooling. The location of the system and the location of the thermostat (behind a door) made regulating both rooms tough, but I did survive.

The hotel has a nice pool and whirlpool.

There is a decent restaurant/bar in the hotel. This was my main reason for both visits. Once I get back to the hotel on a business trip, I prefer not to have to go back out to eat or have a drink.

The one thing I really was not impressed with was the hallway carpeting, it could use a cleaning, but it is winter in Canada!

The hotel is close to major highways, shopping (usual grocery store, Shoppers Drug Mart etc) other off site restaurants.

I will probably stay here again on business.

Room Tip: Get a King Business Suite.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank alrosenberg
Shawn R, Manager at Best Western Plus Ottawa Kanata Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you again for reviewing our hotel.

As you have mentioned, we are close to many shops and highways.
I am glad you enjoyed the pool and hot tub.

The restaurant is quaint and does service Breakfast, Lunch and dinner. Yo also have the option of room service if you had that, extra, hard day .

The cold winter months to add to overall conditions of the carpet. A lot of salt, gravel, and dirt does trek into the hotel with all those extra winter boots.

We have equipped all the rooms with a new thermos-stats. We are still working some kinks in the system.

We are very glad to hear that you will return and we look forward to serving you again.
kanata Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Chose this hotel as needed to be near Ottawa. Had the best prices on the internet. Very nice desk clerk. Nice sheets, bedding. TV remote sleep did not work and ants in bathroom Pet friendly which is another reason we stayed. Non smoking

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Shawn R, Manager at Best Western Plus Ottawa Kanata Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Thank you for your review and t for letting us now about our little friends. We were able to treat them after you left the hotel. I did not know about the remote sleep button and will look into that.

We do work closely with a lot of internet booking site and try to have the most competitive pricing.
Best Western guarantees that you will not find a better price then their website.
CORNWALL
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Was taking my gf to the Elton John concert at the Canadian Tire Centre. We stayed in a Queen Suite with fireplace and Jacuzzi. Everything was wonderful. No complaints whatsoever. I will be back again and have already recommended the hotel to my friends and family!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank ROBIN M
Shawn R, Manager at Best Western Plus Ottawa Kanata Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you for you review.
We do our best to provide superior customer service and a clean comfortable environment.
Ontario
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I had booked two hotels in Ottawa and was unable stay in either and due to some confusion they were not cancelled. One hotel was the Best Western in Kanata and dealing with them was so wonderful, they totally understood my circumstances and reversed the charges. I've also stayed there previously and its a great hotel to stay in for either events in Kanata or even for the airport as just a quick drive away, Ottawa is only a quick drive too so a great location and convenient especially for Western Ottawa area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Shawn R, Manager at Best Western Plus Ottawa Kanata Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thank you for your review.

We do understand family emergencies can hinder ones travels.
I hope to see you back again soon.