“Comfortable Lodgings”

Best Western Plus Ottawa City Centre
Ranked #29 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 4, 2010

We stayed at this hotel weekend of Sept 24/25 , 2010 - 2 queen beds in room were comfortable - the room was clean - the bar size fridge worked well - lots of hot water for showers - we had a ground floor room with easy access to parking lot -- although too cool for us to swim , some hearty kids did go and seemed to enjoy - pool looked clean with a nice patio

Breakfast in the Café was good and price reasonable.

Staff were friendly an helpful throughout.

This is a good place for a weekend or longer.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Ottawa City Centre

Reviewed August 3, 2010

After driving for 3 hours, my grandmother, my sister and a couple of cousins settled in for 2 nights at the Best Western. The first impression of the room was that it seemed very clean and tidy. The beds were very comfortable, and the service was good too. We needed an extra bed for one of my cousins, and people from the front desk came and gave us an extra bed. It was very comforting to come back to the room at night after the long days of travel. Going to the pool for a few hours at a time was also very relaxing, as there were not a lot of people while we were there. it was close to everything we wanted to go to.
When it came to tidying up our stuff and leaving, we double checked everything and there were 2 socks under our bed that didn't belong to us. I would recommend that anyone with kids visit this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for a night. I accidentally forgot my phone in their hotel. They did't even try to look for the owner. It was a week ago before i found out that my phone is there. The first guy that I talked to assured me that my phone is there and told me to call monday because the person in charge is not there. I called Monday not only once but 3 times and they told me to call back again and again. Finally I talk to somebody and told me that she can't tell me if my phone is there because the hosekeeper is all over the hotel. It's only a four level hotel. 1 hour is enough to find the person in charge or the housekeeper. Can't they check the lost and found? I don't know if they are using their brain or they are just too lazy to do their job! And nobody told the person in charge (lost and found department) that somebody is looking for a phone and they found it.
When I told them that I lost my phone they didn't ask when what kind etc.
I will never go back to this hotel anymore.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
GMMaciesHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Ottawa City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Family owned and operated for over 70 years, Best Western Plus Macies Hotel always endeavours to provide excellent service and value to our guests.

I am sorry to hear you were not pleased with the service you received following your stay at the Hotel. As I am sure you can appreciate, we are unable to advise guests about personal articles left behind due to privacy policies. Nevertheless, our records indicate your property was safely returned after you advised us it was here.

Please rest assured we have taken your feedback seriously, as it will help us to provide our guests with the high level of service they have come to expect from Best Western Plus Macies Hotel.

Kind regards,
Tracey Kennedy
Customer Service Director

Reviewed December 8, 2009

Our two visits within a short period were to attend to family matters. During the first visit our hotel selection was based on word-of-mouth; we were greeted with friendly and accommodating staff who were sympathetic to our family situation and ensured our stay was as comfortable as possible.

The hotel was clean, central to our needs and comfortable.

Our most recent visit to this hotel was by choice based on our previous and positive experience. Once again our needs were met including requirements for a newborn and room proximity by multiple family members.

It is obvious the word-of-mouth referral given on our first visit has merit and we would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2009

We were visiting Carleton University and picked this hotel for its proximity to the campus (less than 10 minutes by car) and because of the great reviews.

The hotel is perfect for a short stay - very clean, very comfortable but a bit far from Parliament Hill and the Byward Market - about 15-20 minutes by car.

The staff was attentive and friendly and I could not find any fault with the rooms. As I said before, they were spotless and the double queen room we were in was huge. The beds were extremely comfortable and the showers were powerful with plenty of hot water even during the morning rush.

There is an outdoor pool but we didn't even see it so I can't comment on it.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank jaskev
Reviewed July 6, 2009

The hotel was great for us, nothing super special but clean and well priced. There is a restaurant on site, we had breakfast there once. It was ok except for the orange juice which completely ruined our meal. There is a outdoor pool, indoor hot tub and fitness center, but we didn't end up using them. I would stay again, because it is in a good location and cheaper than staying downtown. It is also a 2 minutes from the Hwy 417.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 25, 2009

We stayed at this hotel as a special rate had been arranged for swimmers at a large Masters swim meet . We did not know Ottawa or what to expect but we were very pleased with this hotel . The room was large and the window area bowed out so there was room for two wing chairs and a table . This was handy for snacking and reading . The hotel was quiet and very comfortable . We could not have asked for a better choice .

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends