Best Western Plus Ottawa Downtown Suites
$176
$127
Hotels.com
  • Pool
The Business Inn & Suites(Ottawa)(Great Value!)
$107
$273
$138
  • Restaurant
1,758 results
All reviewsvictoria park suitesunderground parkingcanadian museum of natureparliament hillbank streetminute walkelgin stsmall kitchenettewithin walking distanceottawa downtownqueen suitecontinental breakfastthe breakfast areayogurtvery nice hotelseparate bedroomtwo blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Normally when i visit Ottawa, I stay at the Marriott on Kent St. After reading the rave reviews here on tripadvisor, i decided to give this Best Western Plus a try. I stayed in a King Suite with Jet Tub for five days.

Positives:
Clean
Friendly staff
Plenty of space in the parking garage
Internet speed was adequate
Spacious rooms

Negatives:

The main negative, which for me, may be a deal breaker, is that although my room had two very nice LG TVs. The hotel intentionally blocks the HDMI ports from being used (presumably to make me buy LodgeNet content). I realize this is a place for hotels to make more money, but the selection is very limited. I should be able to watch movies that i brought with me to watch on the trip. Previously, in Ottawa, i've stayed at the Marriott and the Courtyard Marriott off of Coventry Rd. Neither hotel blocks HDMI ports -- in fact, the Courtyard had a convenient outlet where the AV inputs were so i wouldn't have to look behind the TV.

The hair dryer's circuit kept tripping even though it wasn't wet.

The business center's computer barely qualify as a computer. It took about 10 minutes to open a 1 page PDF that we were never able to print.

The breakfast area is nice and clean, but the food selection is definitely lacking.

Overall, if you just need a nice, comfortable, safe place to sleep, this hotel will fit the bill perfectly. If you plan to stay several days, you should be aware of the above.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Imran H
VictoriaParkSuites, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Ottawa Downtown Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay with us; and thank you for giving us a try. I'm happy to hear that you found the majority of our amenities to your satisfaction. We work diligently each and every day to ensure each guest experience is second to none.
I'm sorry that you were not able to view your own movie selections on our televisions. Due to the networking of the movie systems the alternate AV ports become in-active.
As well i'm sorry to hear that you had troubles opening and printing documents on our guest computers. Please feel free to visit guest services, we would be more than happy to open and print any documents.
Again, thank you for your comments and we hope that you will return to us on your next visit to Ottawa.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

If you're in tight budget and looking for a comfy hotel downtown of Ottawa, this should be your first choice. I've been here twice and always amazed. Newly furnished large but quiet rooms and modernly decorated, I had a tiny problems hanging my spouse's towel next to mine, both for big and small towel. But we really enjoyed the multiple choice of breakfast. Looking forward to go back here in spring.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Yosefindra

Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding your recent stay with us. I was thrilled to hear that our accomodations were comfortable and you enjoyed our breakfast selection in the morning. We look forward to welcoming you back in the spring!

Reviewed December 30, 2012

The hotel is within easy walking distance of parliament and the National Gallery, we had a quiet and comfortable room and the service was excellent. There were only two small problems - hot water and breakfast.

When we arrived we had trouble running a hot bath. Someone did come to help almost immediately, and he ran the taps for some time to get the water to run hot. He explained that there is a problem with the supply on that floor, and that we would need to leave the water running for a while before we could take a bath. Sure enough we did have the same problem the next day.

The breakfast choice was limited, so this was also a bit disappointing. Many international hotels provide local specialities at breakfast so, for example, I have enjoyed cheese and sausage in Germany, blinis in Russia and steamed dumplings in China. On the tour of parliament there were visitors from many countries, but the Canadian hotels that I have seen on this trip have not shown much interest in the national cuisine.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
VictoriaParkSuites, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Ottawa Downtown Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Best Western PLUS Victoria Park Suites. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed our service and product.
As you mentioned you had challenges with the water temperature in your suite during your stay. This is something that we are working diligently on and I'm sorry that you had challenges with this.
I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel the next time that you visit Ottawa.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed here recently for four nights. We had a king bed suite with a living room, separate bedroom and kitchenette. The furnishings were very comfortable and very modern with reliable wi-fi. Large flat screen tv in living room and another in bedroom. Kitchenette had a small fridge, microwave, sink and well stocked glasses, dishes, and cutlery. Good sized closet near door and large closet with safe in bedroom. I just wish Best Western would have normal hangers. Do that many people actually steal coat hangers?? Jacuzzi tub in bathroom was very nice and bathroom also had a with large sink area and magnifying mirror. Upgraded coffee would have been appreciated (Nabob is pretty low rent when compared to the rest of the suite. May I suggest Starbucks?). Did not have the breakfast as we were out early every morning, but the breakfast room looked very nice and smelled great!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Best Western PLUS Victoria Park Suites. We value feedback such as your to help us continuously refine our service and product.
I'm happy to hear that you found our furnishings and room comfortable. I'm sorry that you had difficulty with our hangers. We do our best to accommodate all of our guest's preferences.
I'm sorry to hear that our in-room coffee would not be your first choice. We actually brew a Starbucks product; Seattles Best Coffee in our Breakfast room! Hopefully when you return to us on your next visit you will be able to savour some!
Once again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to inviting you back on your next visit to our Nation's Capital.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
VictoriaParkSuites, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Ottawa Downtown Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012