Best Western Plus Ottawa Downtown Suites
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
Lord Elgin(Ottawa)
1,758 results
All reviewsvictoria park suitesunderground parkingcanadian museum of natureparliament hillbank streetminute walkelgin stsmall kitchenettewithin walking distanceottawa downtownqueen suitecontinental breakfastthe breakfast areayogurtvery nice hotelseparate bedroomtwo blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We had a two night stay at the Best Western Victoria Park Suites from the time we checked in to the time we checked out we had a wonderful time. The staff are very helpful and the room we had was spotless, loved the big screen tv and the bed and pillows are extremely comfortable. Also the breakfast that they offer had lots of choices and quite delicious. Will definitely stay there again when we are in Ottawa.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ramona G
VictoriaParkSuites, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Ottawa Downtown Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us at the Best Western PLUS Victoria Park Suites. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will return to us when you are next in Ottawa. Our staff enjoy very much reading the reviews that guests such as yourself post so we will be sure to share your positive experience with them.
I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon!

Reviewed December 6, 2012

We love staying at the Best Western Victoria Park Suites. The rooms are very clean and quiet and the staff is friendly and helpful. It is located close to great restaurants and is an easy walk to museums, Parliament, shopping, and the canal. We change our dates if a room is not available!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
4  Thank SusanStu
VictoriaParkSuites, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Ottawa Downtown Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Dear Guest,

I was thrilled to hear of your loyalty to our hotel and that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the Best Western PLUS Victoria Park Suites!
We have shared your comments with our staff and they too will be excited. I hope that we will see you again soon and have the chance to welcome you back to your home away from home.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

We had booked 2 rooms - one for our sons, one for us - and when we arrived Saturday afternoon, our room was upgraded to a suite. Nice! However our sons' room was felt crowded with the 2 beds.
Although the lobby & breakfast room are spartan, the rooms exceeded our expectations- spacious, well designed and decorated. The bed was very comfortable, the linens soft. Our room overlooked the main street but street noise was not a problem. Also included - free Wifi.
Breakfast was a serve-your-self buffet, unremarkable, and included in the price of the room.
The Museum of Nature which was our destination is just around the corner from the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ehpw
VictoriaParkSuites, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Ottawa Downtown Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us. I was so happy to hear that our staff took the liberty of providing you with an upgrade so that your family would be more comfortable and that you enjoyed our beds! Many good nights' dreams are had in them!
Again I would like to say thank you and I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed December 3, 2012

The conference I attended chose well. This is a budget inn cheaper than the upscale hotels near Parliament Hill. It's near the Museum of Nature, so if that's your destination this is the right place to stay to save money. On a pleasure trip, however, we would not stay here.

The desk had just two clerks, one of whom was on the phone as clients queued up to check in. This took far too long. The feel of the hotel is minimalist with not a hint of style. For those who don't want more, this again is a reasonable choice.

The keycard for the room didn't work. The room was spacious and comfortable with free WiFi—a sensible feature to be sure. Turning on the light in the bathroom set off a roar as an exhaust fan starts up. The sliding door to the closet could not be moved. There's a kitchen sink in the room and some dishes but no table for eating.

Self-serve "continental" breakfast is included. The fruit is canned, but you can make decent toast. No bran cereal. Sausage and eggs are both puck-like discs that I left severely alone. Hotel managers don't drink tea, apparently. Tea is made by dunking a bag in a small cup, so a good deal is wasted. Solution: tea is best made in teapots, so have some available. Or have large mugs beside the coffee cups.

Why this hotel is top-rated for Ottawa is a mystery. It's recommendable if you don't want to splurge on a standard hotel or better. Or if your conference is there.

Room Tip: Some rooms apparently have a sitting area so there is some variation. Ask for what the difference is between rooms on different floors.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank VRGFToronto
VictoriaParkSuites, Manager at Best Western Plus Ottawa Downtown Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay here at our property. The comments we receive from our guests allow us to continuously improve.
Although it appears that we may not have exceeded your expectations, I do hope that you were able to enjoy your stay as we do pride ourselves as being a leader in quality service.
Our goal is to deliver an inspired experience to all of our guests with our service and product, and I am very sorry that this was not the case for you. Your feedback on some of the items has been forwarded to the appropriate departments to identify and solve the issues.
I am surprised to read your comments about our breakfast. Our breakfast is more than just a continental offering as we strive to ensure that there is something for everyone and is rated amongst the highest within the Best Western brand. I hope you might contact me personally so we may discuss your stay and so I may get further details from you to follow up with our team on these items.
You may reach me by calling the hotel at 613-288-2025 or by emailing me at rachel@victoriapark.com
Again, please accept my apologies for not meeting your expectations and I look forward to hearing from you to discuss your stay further.
Rachel Kooyman
Hotel Manager

Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stopped here for just one night during a driving trip round the US and Canada, but found the place perfectly acceptable. Reception staff helpful with parking instructions local maps and things to see and do.

We had a twin double room which was a bit cramped with the two queen size beds in place however the beds were comfortable. There was a large flat screen TV, small kitchen area which we didn't use and typical bathroom which was clean and tidy.

My only complaint was the AC in the a joining room was very noisy.

We used the on site parking.

The hotel is located about as far as you would want to be from the down town area, but we walked to the waterside area twice in one day and did not find it a chore.

There are quite a few decent places to eat nearby and we found the area safe.

All in nice place to stay if visiting Ottawa. I would stay there again if we ever got the chance to revisit Ottawa.

Room Tip: As usual as high up as possible to filter out external noise.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mikealpine
VictoriaParkSuites, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Ottawa Downtown Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time comment on your recent stay with us at the Best Western PLUS Victoria Park Suites. I was happy to hear that our staff provided you with helpful information regarding the local attractions; and that you enjoyed your brief stop-over with us while on your journey. It was a pleasure having you as our guest.
I hope that you will come back and visit us again soon on your next visit to Ottawa.