Delta Hotels Ottawa City Centre
$176
$127
Hotels.com
  • Pool
The Business Inn & Suites(Ottawa)(Great Value!)
$107
$126
$111
  • Breakfast included
1,211 results
All reviewstim hortonsthe club loungethe penthousesparks streetparliament hillwalk in showerbyward marketfront desk staffhotel restaurantbed was very comfortablebusiness tripunderground parkingrideau canalconferencecanadalaptopwashroom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Friendly staff, club room was okay, not large but clean but bathroom really small, one person at a time. The closet and bathroom doors didn't close and air conditioning was having a hard time coping with the 29 Celsius weather. This hotel was formerly the Crowne Plaza , recently renovated, but the bones of the hotel haven't changed thus the small bathrooms, rooms and poor a/c. On the plus side the club rooms are a good deal if you can take advantage of the Delta discount emails, ours was 30% off for aking club room. For club room guests they have pre-dinner appetizers, chicken satays, mini mushroom filo pouches, cheese and veggies, buffet style with free non-alcoholic beverages. They do the same buffet style for club room guests for breakfast, Starbucks coffee, deli meat and cheese, fresh fruit, bagels, muffins, toast, cereals and yougurts. A good deal especially for families. One morning we tried the restaurant brunch in the restaurant. A bit pricey at $17.00 per person but they have oatmeal, bacon, sausages, pancakes, etc but that for price thet should offer a nicer bread or pastry selection considering the bakeries in the near vicinity selling lovely pastries, baguettes, etc. Pool area was not appealing, but a very good workout area. I've stayed with other Deltas recently renovated, deluxe rooms which were huge and much nicer. So would I stay here again? Well maybe, if I could get the same deal for the club rooms and if it was for only a day or two, The hotel is a bit of a walk to the Byward Market area which maybe okay for adults but might be a bit of a hike for kids.

Room Tip: Club room or look elsewhere.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Colie
Marjolaine1202, Manager at Delta Hotels Ottawa City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Thank you for giving us your feedback, it's much appreciated!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I stayed for one night,in room with king bed.Room was nice but small,and there was no fridge.
I've seen executive room(on 25th floor),which is bigger,but there isn't much difference.The price for room was double the norm,as it was right before Canada Day.
Wired internet connection was fast.Bed big,and comfortable.
Breakfast wasn't included,and bit pricy,but there were few cafes within short walking distance.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Thanks for your feedback! We know your time is precious and appreciate your comments.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

My kudos to your staff for an excellent stay over the July 1st long weekend.

I spend about 1/3 of my nights in various hotels every year. This was a trip with my wife and children to the capital for Canada Day. The front desk staff were great at check in with packages for the kids and our room was clean and quiet. The free Canada Day paraphernalia was appreciated; as was the cake and punch when we returned from the fireworks. I know the elevator mechanics are on strike; so staff were using the back elevators as well to get everyone upstairs. When we checked out, the gentleman had some suggestions for things to do before we left Ottawa and I then overhead another staff member letting guests know where the best bike trails were.

The people you have in Ottawa are making a huge, positive difference in my travels.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Marjolaine1202, Manager at Delta Hotels Ottawa City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Your time is precious and we appreciate the time you took on providing us with your positive feedback. We are glad you and your family enjoyed the Canada Day weekend in the Nation's Capital and with us. We hope to see you back next year!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

This hotel was perfect for a quick getaway (we had a two night stay) and for two people. We got a King Bed room and it was simple, clean and at a perfect location. Although the room was small (and the bathroom) it was cozy for the amount of time we spent in it. The Tim Horton's on the main floor was very nice to have! The elevators were slow and we seemed to get the same one each time. However, the view was nice and the access to the city was perfect. Our bus to and from the hotel was about a quick two blocks away, and Spark Street was right around the corner. I loved walking down the Spark strip all the way to Parliament on Wellington and Byward Market. The sheets were clean but they irritated us both (maybe the detergent)? The room was nice, but the thermostat (once we found it) was better once controlled. So, it was a small room but for a short stay it does the trick! The service was completely friendly (they brought us a toothbrush and toothpaste at 12 a.m.). We didn't park so we can't tell you how much it was but the hotel atmosphere made us so comfortable and added to our experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for letting us know you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I have stayed a few times at this hotel over the past couple of years. Construction during that time made things rather difficult--it was noisy, the so-called "business centre" was no more than one computer in the lobby, and I found a spare set of undershorts in one of my dresser drawers on one of my previous stays. The gift shop has only the bare essentials, and the service in that shop is less than friendly.

Overall, this is an okay hotel, but I cannot gat too excited about it. Perhaps my next visit will convince me differently.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Than you for providing us your feedback. We are sorry to hear we did not meet your standards. The construction is mandated by the city of Ottawa. We hope you will give us another try.