“Great Staff”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Ottawa City Centre
Ranked #22 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My kudos to your staff for an excellent stay over the July 1st long weekend.

I spend about 1/3 of my nights in various hotels every year. This was a trip with my wife and children to the capital for Canada Day. The front desk staff were great at check in with packages for the kids and our room was clean and quiet. The free Canada Day paraphernalia was appreciated; as was the cake and punch when we returned from the fireworks. I know the elevator mechanics are on strike; so staff were using the back elevators as well to get everyone upstairs. When we checked out, the gentleman had some suggestions for things to do before we left Ottawa and I then overhead another staff member letting guests know where the best bike trails were.

The people you have in Ottawa are making a huge, positive difference in my travels.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Marjolaine1202, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Ottawa City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Your time is precious and we appreciate the time you took on providing us with your positive feedback. We are glad you and your family enjoyed the Canada Day weekend in the Nation's Capital and with us. We hope to see you back next year!

There are newer reviews for Delta Hotels by Marriott Ottawa City Centre

Reviewed July 3, 2013

This hotel was perfect for a quick getaway (we had a two night stay) and for two people. We got a King Bed room and it was simple, clean and at a perfect location. Although the room was small (and the bathroom) it was cozy for the amount of time we spent in it. The Tim Horton's on the main floor was very nice to have! The elevators were slow and we seemed to get the same one each time. However, the view was nice and the access to the city was perfect. Our bus to and from the hotel was about a quick two blocks away, and Spark Street was right around the corner. I loved walking down the Spark strip all the way to Parliament on Wellington and Byward Market. The sheets were clean but they irritated us both (maybe the detergent)? The room was nice, but the thermostat (once we found it) was better once controlled. So, it was a small room but for a short stay it does the trick! The service was completely friendly (they brought us a toothbrush and toothpaste at 12 a.m.). We didn't park so we can't tell you how much it was but the hotel atmosphere made us so comfortable and added to our experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for letting us know you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I have stayed a few times at this hotel over the past couple of years. Construction during that time made things rather difficult--it was noisy, the so-called "business centre" was no more than one computer in the lobby, and I found a spare set of undershorts in one of my dresser drawers on one of my previous stays. The gift shop has only the bare essentials, and the service in that shop is less than friendly.

Overall, this is an okay hotel, but I cannot gat too excited about it. Perhaps my next visit will convince me differently.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Than you for providing us your feedback. We are sorry to hear we did not meet your standards. The construction is mandated by the city of Ottawa. We hope you will give us another try.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

This hotel suited our needs to a tee. Smallish rooms but very nicely decked out. Tim Hortons is located on the main floor so there was no need to go outside to brave the cold for my morning fix. One negative was the cost of parking that does not seem to be mentioned until you arrive at the hotel. Got a parking ticket on the morning we were leaving to go home so was unable to fight it. We were parked legally but the ticket said we were in a no parking zone....left a bad taste in my mouth but not the flat of the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Diane L
Marjolaine1202, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Ottawa City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Your comments are appreciated, Thank you! Unfortunately, we do not own the parking under the building our hands are tied when it comes to the cost, sorry! We are however glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Spent a cumulative of over 2 months here in 2012 for business, was unpleasant in the beginning due to construction but the rooms were neatly renovated and the staff did everything they could to make my stay comfy, and as the construction ended, my stays were even more pleasant. They have always hooked me up with the view I wanted. Out of all the Delta's I've stayed at across the country, this one is my favourite.

PS, Loved the pool.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank speedracer911

Thank you for your kind words on your favorable stay with us. We look forward to your return trip to visit us again!

Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Just an normal Business Hotel. Rooms OK. Fast WiFi, poor coverage. Average, expensive Breakfast with slow Service. Only 2 of 4 Elevators in Service, so long waiting Times. About 1Km from te City Center

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank ThandFr

Thank you for taking the time in giving us your feedback. We have been impacted by the Elevator company being on Strike in Ontario and we apologize. Please note the management team have since been on site and have worked on the other elevators.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

New, clean and fun interior design. Good beds. Good location and lovely view of the Ottawa River/island/falls if you get a high floor facing west. Very small bathrooms, narrow shower and tiny, tiny closet. Other than the upper 'Executive Rooms' there are no minibars and no room safes - I think you should be warned about this on the website but I was told at the front desk that this is quite normal for hotels in Canada. (?????) No breakfast included either. At $180/night? Staff are great - all bilingual and very friendly. This is probably a good place if u are in town on business, as the main office towers are only a few blocks east. For sight-seeing this location is too far west. I had friends/family stayng at the Indigo and it is much better located. Don't eat breakfast in the Delta - go across the street to the Scone Witch (in the old house) - its great!

Room Tip: avoid rooms near the lift lobbies - they are very noisy. (I got moved) Ask for a high level floor a...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Allan J
Marjolaine1202, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Ottawa City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Your comments are appreciated! We understand your time is precious. Thank you!