“good hotel”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Ottawa City Centre
Ranked #22 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Reviewed February 5, 2013

good hotel for the money but washroom is very small. room across the elevator is very noisy.
don't take the room near elevator. Parking is additional $20 per day.Location is good.
Beds were very comfortable. room is very clean

Room Tip: don't get room near elevator.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Marjolaine1202, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Ottawa City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking a few minutes to give us your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay! The parking is not owned and operated by the hotel, our hands are tied when it comes to their prices. We truly hope to see you again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,183)

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Most everything was ok - the staff was friendly enough, the room was clean. When I was looking for a hotel, I called specifically asking for one with a pool. An hour before my check-in time, I received a call saying the pool was going to be closed - I had until four hours before my check-in time to cancel my reservation, so I was stuck. It was just too cold for us to want to run down the block to the next closest pool. Every time the heater kicked in in the room, there was a loud air-release kind of sound which woke me up a couple of times. A fridge in the room would have been nice. It wasn't a bad experience overall, but I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Your feedback is appreciated, we thank you for taking a few minutes of your precious time. We are sorry to hear we did not stand up to your standards. The pool has since re-opened, for our guests wellness we had to close it down to fix the issue. We hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I've stayed at a lot of hotels in the Ottawa area (The Arc, Marriott, Westin, Sheridan, Lord Elgin, Fairmont, Indigo, and several more) this is the first time I've stayed at a Delta in a long time and it was a great stay! Out of the hotels I've stayed in the Fairmont / Westin have great locations and great building but the price is very high, the Delta comes next and finally the Arc but out of them all the Delta is probably going to be my go-to hotel in Ottawa.

We were here after the renos, staff were great we had a feather allergy and we had a feather free room. We also needed a cot and our room was a bit to small so they put us in a larger room, had the bell-man comes down and move our stuff and the cot in the room in about 10 minutes.

Room were very clean, price was great and location is good too. All in all it was a great stay and I've already booked again. For the price/value its definitely an amazing hotel.

Room Tip: I did notice that the higher level rooms (ex. XX12) where XX is the floor like 1612 are closer to th...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
AADeltaOttawa, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Ottawa City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback about your last stay at the Delta Ottawa City Centre.

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming back in the near future.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Delta Ottawa City Centre - zero complaints. Check in was very in, when I checked in - because I'm a Delta Rewards member - I was offered a late check out of 2PM, 4PM or 6PM! Now - that's customer service at it's best. With other hotels that I am a rewards member at the latest checkout offered is 2PM and even then it's iffy if you get it. The staff at the restaurant were very nice and the service was bang on. Even the gentlemen that gets you a cab was in great spirits and happy to help me with my cab and it was -30 in Ottawa (-37 with the wind chill)

Would I stay there again? Without a doubt - and I will be travelling to Ottawa on a frequent basis. I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: I was on the 14th floor - specifically 1409 and it was very well lit, it's across from the eleva...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your great comments. We are glad you enjoyed our service! Looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Fantastic Hotel. Great people. The restaurants and other aneminities were easy to choose from. Only draw back was the parking garage won't let SUV in. Cars only. The staff was top notch! Hotel was walking distance to the main attractions, the Rideau Canal, Parliament, etc. The cold weather was a bit much, but what to expect for a city in Canada.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
AADeltaOttawa, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Ottawa City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your comment about your last stay at the Delta Ottawa City Centre.
We are glad that you enjoyed various amenities and services at the hotel.

We apologize for your experience with the underground parking lot. Unfortunately, oversized vehicles do not fit into our underground parking lot. However, the hotel has made an arrangement for guests with oversized vehicles to park in an adjacent outside parking lot.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

The long renovation process is over and the hotel looks great. Well done. Restaurant and bar are very nice and my group enjoyed a pleasant dinner in the bar. Nice menu choices and friendly. The rooms are clean and modern. Bathrooms aren't large but they are clean, modern and completely adequate. Location is perfect especially for business. I will be a regular guest.

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is great to hear that you liked the new look of the property.

We look forward to welcoming back in the near future.

Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

As I am starting a long contract with a federal organization, I am going to be in Ottawa a considerable amount over the next few months. We gave the Delta a shot and it delivered - with a couple of noted exceptions.
Our check in experience was excellent, with the bellman being most helpful! The renovated lobby brings to mind a modern, urban hotel.
The downside - so far, as I am only 2 days into my stay - has been the spotty Internet access. It is totally unacceptable - and a TREMENDOUS red flag for future stays - if I cannot expect consistent service. This is a business hotel and that is simply a non-negotiable requirement. The other disappointment was my dry cleaning. It was not delivered to my room and when I called the front desk looking for it, I was told "We don't offer that service..." Fortunately, someone down there realized that they A. Do offer laundry/dry cleaning and B. that my clothes were there. Not sure what was going on, but that was an annoyance I could do without!
Overall, the staff get an A-, the room also gets an A-. The location for federal work is an A+. The Internet access is a D-. It didn't fail, but it was close!

• Stayed: January 2013
AADeltaOttawa, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Ottawa City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We are glad that you enjoyed the service and new look of the lobby.

We apologize for your experience with the internet access and dry cleaning service. The hotel has been experiencing difficulty with internet connection. We have been working to improve the internet access for our guests. Your comment about the dry cleaning service has been shared with the Front Office team to ensure the consistency of the service standards.

We hope to see you again in the near future.