“Amazing White Sangria”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Steak & Sushi

Steak & Sushi
Ranked #235 of 2,726 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Sushi, Canadian, Japanese
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Byward Market Area
Description: Ottawa's modern twist on the classic steakhouse. A chic and lively room provides the canvas for this engaging experience. The masterpiece begins with Certified Angus steaks that are cut in-house and brushed with global inspired flavours. Adding to the pallette is high quality sushi that draws regulars from far beyond the city. Completing the composition is an extensive list of craft cocktails lovingly built with fresh ingredients and guaranteed to be memorable. Our food offerings include: Gorgonzola Filet Steak Adobo Ribeye Steak Mojo Striploin Steak Steak and Sushi Platter Yellowfin Tuna Sushi Rolls Spicy Salmon Sushi Rolls Rainbow Sushi Rolls Shrimp Tempura Sushi Rolls Our Craft Cocktail offerings include: Barrel-aged Manhattan Craft Cocktail Negroni Craft Cocktail Barrel-aged Boulevardier Craft Cocktail Sazerac Craft Cocktail Barrel-aged Martinez Craft Cocktail Aviation Craft Cocktail Cedar-infused Whiskey Sour Craft Cocktail Old Fashioned Craft Cocktail
Ottawa, Canada
“Amazing White Sangria”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

The white sangria here is delightful.

Their misa salmon is to die for.

Their bathroom are huge and really beautiful

Overall great experince

Visited October 2013

Ottawa
“Fantastic Service, Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

I had met Lee Wagner and John Leung many years ago at Restaurant 18 and when browsing Ottawa restaurants for somewhere to go, I came across information that they were in business together at Steak Modern. This became a no-brainer decision for me and made a reservation right away.
The Steak Tartar was amazing, the flavors were fused together perfectly, the cheese, onions...everything was perfect.
I was ecstatic to find out that Lee stocked the wine cellar with 2007 Paul Bosc reserve pinot noir from Chateau des Charmes, one of my favorite Canadian wines and it was a great pairing with the Adobo Rib Steaks as the main meal.
As for the service, we were served by Jamie. What a great waiter! He was very attentive to our needs, had fantastic stories and made perfect food suggestions. The hostess, her name escapes me, smiled from the moment we entered until we said our good byes at the door. It is always an enjoyable evening when both the staff and the food go above and beyond.
The meal was well worth the bill that accompanied it and I would not hesitate to return.

• Visited October 2013
“Great service ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Not being from here we didn't know where to eat. They were very accommodating to fit us in where no one else would and the food was great so was the service!!!

Ottawa, Canada
“Great food, service and ambience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

We spent the evening here as two couples with our young kids for dinner.

The service, food and ambience was excellent. A bit pricey, but we expected that when we decided to go here so it wasn't an issue.

I would definitely say it is worth the try, it is much like a lot of other restaurants, however definitely won't disappoint.

If you decide to go, enjoy as we did!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Matthew P
Ottawa
“Awesome Adobo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I heard about this place on Live 88.5, every day for weeks. So, when I got the opportunity I figured I needed to check it out. There are several restaurants in this area of the market, all look similar.
Service was prompt, polite and attentive. The cabernet recommended by the waitress was superb. We ordered Albacore Tuna which was melt in the mouth, to start, with a Spicy Tuna Maki roll. Again this was excellent. Then three of us ordered the Adobo rubbed rib steak, one Mojo and one Gorgonzola filet. I had the Adobo and I was very pleased. Superb flavour and really not too much marbling. But, I nearly caved and took the Gorgonzola filet and when it arrived I was almost jealous at the pile of cheese on top of that steak. I still think I made the right call, but I am getting the gorgonzola filet next time.

• Visited August 2013