“This is my go-to Thai restaurant”
Review of Sala Thai

Sala Thai
Ranked #483 of 3,234 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Thai
Description: Intersection of Bank and Alta Vista
Description: Intersection of Bank and Alta Vista
Reviewed December 28, 2018

I really like Pad Thai, perhaps a little spicier than most people. The chef is always ready to crank it up a little. The flavour is full and balanced, the chicken (or tofu) is tasty and distinct, and the noodles are just right.
I also like the rich and spicy sweet and sour soup with coconut, shrimp, and mushrooms. The Yum salad with vinegar makes a nice counterpoint to the rich flavours. You can also order a Newcastle Brown ale, the famous beer that works so well with Asian food.
Best of all I feel welcome and at home.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed November 3, 2018 via mobile

Amazing food, wonderful staff. Very clean & a surprise for sure.
This restaurant located in a strip mall served some amazing food. We had the curry chicken, pad Thai , some mango juice and a couple soups. Everything was delicious!
I’ll be back for sure!

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

I am surprised this establishment isn't bursting at the seams with patrons! The staff were very friendly and caring. They seem to be apart of the community which adds to the charm. The curry was by far the creamiest I have ever had. The service was quick and efficient and the conversation with staff was light and pleasant. I definetly look forward to the next time I am in town to go again.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 23, 2018 via mobile

Every time we visit this place, it never disappoint us, always great food, amazing service, most importantly always clean.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 7, 2018 via mobile

Very nice restaurant. Thai food was excellent (Shrimp rolls, Pad Thai (pork and chicken) and delicious Red Shrimp Curry with generous number of shrimp). Four stars only because they were understaffed for a busy Sunday evening. Half the appetizer menu was unavailable, all desserts were not available. Wait for water, beer and check. First bowl of rice was returned (over cooked), replacement was perfect Jasmine rice. They do a lot of take out and lunch menu is less expensive. I would go again.

Date of visit: May 2018