“Very nice little bistro.”
Review of Black Cat Bistro - CLOSED

Black Cat Bistro
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Very nice little bistro, on the small side. Reserve ahead of time!
We visited last Saturday with another couple and were not disappointed.
We tried 3 different appetizers, 3 entrées and 2 deserts between the 4 of us. Portions were good for the price.
The service, wow!
Every single staff member gives a damn about this place. I really enjoyed the service, it was top notch. Having grown up in Ottawa, I’ve experienced all the highs and lows of service this city has to offer (lovely government town). This place gives a damn. I also liked the mention of the slow food cooking movement notice in the menu. Relax, enjoy, they don’t push the cooking.

Highly recommend.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I am a real burger lover. Having tried burgers all over North America and Europe, including many of the big name chef's like Daniel Boulud's in Las Vegas and NYC--- I must say that I enjoyed the Black Cat Burger better than any one that I have tasted so far. It's hard to believe that such an awesome burger exists in this little city of Ottawa, but it does, and it rocks!! The bun, meat, toppings, special sauce and cooking temperature were all absolutely perfection. Bravo to the chef and staff--- Took my wife here for her birthday and it was an exceptional experience! Love it, Love it, Love it!!!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Made reservation for a birthday dinner following a friends advice that the food is definitely worth trying. The service was excellent! our server was cheerful, prompt and accommodating. Given that it is a small family bistro and everything is made to order I didn't mind the wait as much but certainly the wait time for meals was a concern for some that evening. The food was wonderful, beef tartar with homemade chips was Awesome! I enjoyed the duck that nite, was cooked perfectly. Overall a pleasant meal, excellent service, but slightly greater than average wait time for meals but definitely worth a try

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Visited the Black Cat Bistro on the advice of a friend, couldn't get in on a Friday night so we opted to go the following day. Wine list is very basic for red wine enthusiasts. Prices were high for what you get and serving sizes were average. Food quality really wasn't to die for, just really average. My wife had the pasta and I had the steak. The peppercorn sauce with the steak was again very average, no where near the exceptional flavour that Absinthe had on my steak the previous night. My wife's pasta dish was boring, not remarkable. Luckily the dessert was good, which gave a small redemption to the evening. I must say, that I would not recommend this restaurant, but instead I would recommend Absinthe or Tasca which were both excellent!!!!

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Shared a lovely dinner with my husband the other night. The service was professional and curteous. The atmosphere is cosy yet serene.

My entree was delicious (pasta), but I must say that the dessert (gamache) was without a doubt the most wonderful treat I have ever eaten! I savoured every last bite.

I would definitely return, without question.