“Delicious bagel sandwiches”

Ranked #4 of 107 Quick Bites in Ottawa
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Neighborhood: The Glebe / Dow's Lake
Reviewed November 30, 2016

Kettleman's bagels are the only bagels I'll eat: Montreal-style and delicious, especially when still warm. I've also been for lunch many many times and they have a number of tasty sandwich options, including a veggie one with spicy eggplant. The CBC (chicken, bacon, swiss cheese) and the Rueben (smoked meat with swiss and sauerkraut) are excellent, and I've also enjoyed the roast pork.

The renovated Bank street location's expanded dining area is great, but they are in desperate need of additional parking.

Date of visit: October 2016

Reviewed November 21, 2016

Anytime I am in the Ottawa area, I always make sure I stop at Kettleman's Bagels and get a couple of dozen of freshly baked bagles right from the wood burning oven! Montreal style in the heart of Ottawa! Always a treat !!

Reviewed November 12, 2016

This place is the best, great bagels and sandwiches! It's even better now that they have expanded...the only downfall is that it often gets too busy!

Reviewed November 5, 2016

I've never eaten there, so this review is solely for the bagels. They are just amazing, soft, chewy, not too dense but not like bread (fyi I hate bagels from Costco or Loblaws that taste like bread in another form). Always some fresh ones coming out of the wood oven; I was there at 11pm last night and the blueberry and cheddar herb ones I bought were still hot! I've tried a few other places in Ottawa but just keep coming back here. If you're looking for a good bagel in Ottawa, this is the place!

Reviewed October 17, 2016

In fairness, the missus and I were looking for smoked meat. But we thought, "Ottawa, plus bagels, plus the menu says smoked meat - could be interesting". It wasn't. Bagel was OK. Toppings weren't. Sparse on the smoked meat. The salmon for my wife was only passable. The service was just weird. A long line led to an order taker who just didn't listen. "Can I not have the sweet mustard that on the menu, just regular?" "Sure", she said. Then a longish wait till my little vibrator went off indicating the order was ready. I picked up the bagel. No mustard. I took the bagel back, which isn't easy because you have to go back to the pick up area, and unless there is an order to be picked up, they ignore you - expertly. Finally I insisted that someone come over. "I asked for regular mustard, and this doesn't have any mustard." I was very polite. The bagel was inspected, then tossed aggressively in the garbage. Really, that wasn't necessary. The replacement had sweet mustard. Whatever.

I know it's just a bagel place. But, it's not great.

Date of visit: September 2016