Tripadvisor
Ottawa
Post
Inbox
Search

“Great selection and very nice taco's”
Review of Eldorado Taco

Eldorado Taco
Reserve a Table
Thu, 2/20
8:00 PM
Ranked #724 of 3,402 Restaurants in Ottawa
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I really enjoyed the variety of taco's and range of options.

The guacamole was tasty and a perfect sharing size

The fish taco was nice and mild but still interesting, the pork belly was simply great (perfect flavor and finish) but my favorite was the Chipotle squid, spicy and flavorful yet original with the right amount of crisp!

The malbec was a bit flat the service was good and the atmosphere was good, the only complaint was it took a long time and 3 requests to get water.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (18)

Reviewed December 29, 2019 via mobile

My wife, son, daughter in law and I had a wonderful evening - Steve gave us wonderful service, we loved the experience. Eldorado Taco is an undiscovered gem. Try the mezcal and the fish tacos!

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed November 19, 2019 via mobile

I love this place. Tacos are delicious, and there are some really unique options (tempura asparagus is one of my faves!) I’ve had good service every time I’ve been here.

Oh and the nachos! I don’t normally order nachos, but they are so good here!

Just a great spot.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed November 15, 2019

This place is small and pretty live acoustically, which, depending on your mood, may or may not be good.

The tacos (which we ordered a variety of), were both unusual and delicious. The margaritas can be ordered with your choice of tequila; we took the default, and were pleasantly surprised - they were among the best we have ever had.

They also serve mescal and drinks made from it, which is unusual this far north. Not being fans of mescal, we did not try them, so can't comment on them further. However, given the quality of the margaritas, if you like mescal, you might want to give theirs a try.

The only problem was that they appeared to have forgotten the sauce on our fish tacos (which were also good - just not up to the standard of the others). We reported this (after the fact); our server looked surprised, and promised to let the chef know.

We went back a second time, and were not disappointed.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed November 11, 2019 via mobile

The tacos were delicious. I mean, really good. However! They were pricey for the portion and left me feeling a bit wanting after 3 taco’s. heads up

Date of visit: November 2019