“retreat from the typical starbucks scene”
Review of Cuppedia

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cuppedia
Ranked #1,400 of 2,746 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: International
Description: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ottawa-ON/Cuppedia/55826541445?v=photos#!/pages/Ottawa-ON/Cuppedia/55826541445?v=wall
Ottawa, Ontario
“retreat from the typical starbucks scene”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Thank God, finally an non-corporate and good local coffee shop. I have driven by this place several times and have always wanted to drop by and I finally did this weekend. A relaxing atmosphere with no music blaring, ( I was once at a Second Cup at 7 am and the jazz music was way too loud--so loud that having a conversation was near impossible, we asked that the music be turned down but were told that the corporate rules mandated a certain volume be maintained--can you say 'high turnover'?). Not so here, a back room nicely appointed with comfortable chairs and lots of natural light to read--and several newspapers to choose from.
As far as the food I have a nice everything bagel with a herbed cream cheese with Norwegian smoked salmon, and customized at my request. My husband got all girly about his chai tea, saying it was the best he'd ever had. The menu was adequately large, soups, salads and sandwiches. The cakes looked nice but we didn't have any because of time pressures. But I definitely will return, and plan to take those whom I wish to impress with what restaurants Ottawa has to offer.
I like this place because it is quiet, non corporate and the food is good.,

• Visited February 2012