“Fantastic stay”

Mckellar Park Suites
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ottawa
Mckellar Park Suites
Ranked #7 of 24 Specialty Lodging in Ottawa
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed in Mckellar suites over the course of 2 weekends. The rooms were spacious, clean and well furnished. There was plenty of parking and very close to amenities (coffee shops, malls, grocery stores). We were pleasantly surprised to see how well the kitchens were equipped (stove, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, pots/pans, dish rack and more). Allen was very accommodating with our check in/out times and very professional to work with.

Highly recommend it for short or long stays.

Room Tip: -Rooms on first floor are close to laundry room. Noise from washing machine may be an issue -Ensure...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Mckellar Park Suites

Reviewed July 21, 2012

After staying here for a week on a DND house-hunting trip and after checking out many other apartments, my husband decided to make this wonderful establishment his home (away from home) for the next couple of years...I'm so glad he did! He was also happy to see that there were other Military members also staying here.

If you're looking for fancy, over-priced digs with a pool and a doorman...you're not going to find it here. But, if you're looking for a clean, quiet, HUGE, fully furnished apartment in some great buildings (originally built in the late 50's and full of some great nostalgia) with an incredible and friendly Manager (Allen) who will drop everything (and answer his phone at all times even if it's just for a simple question) to make sure that you're comfortable, happy and have everything you need...this IS the place for you! If you do happen to have a problem, just bring it to Allen's attention (or any of their staff members) and it's handled promptly and efficiently.

Great location too! There's a bus stop across the street where you can catch the bus (LOVE their transit system!) and check out the Parliament buildings or just poke around the downtown area. There's also a huge Mall which is just a five minute walk down the street and having the Airport and Hwy 417 close by are also a bonus.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Mary A
Reviewed February 28, 2012

I have had apartments smaller than the suite I stayed in. Quiet place, easy to find, only minutes from anything. And I cannot say enough about Alan the manager... So nice and helpful
I will stay here anytime I am in town
Thanks so much
Susie,Kailey and Pat

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Cocacolaqueen78
Reviewed January 7, 2012

We recently rented a two-bedroom apartment for an unbelievable $105 per night. Having a separate living room and a two-bed second bedroom for the kids is great at any age, but particularly if your kids are young and need to be entertained after they wake up. The full kitchen and free parking make it much less expensive to stay here than suite hotels, especially with a big grocery store about a five-minute walk away. The owners are extremely friendly and helpful; early check-in wasn't the slightest issue! A few things you should come with: dish soap, diswasher soap (if you intend to use the dishwasher), tissues and toiletries other than hand soap. There's no pool, of course, but there are lots of community pools in Ottawa!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank SeeCanada
Reviewed September 4, 2011

We stayed in Mckellar park Suites during the month of July.

The rooms are clean & very well maintained.

Allen, the manager, was so friendly and professional as well... during our stay he addresses all and every issue promptly.

The staff were also friendly and knew what they were doing.

The place is located in Carling avenue, and is close to bus routes (when my wife wanted to use the bus).
It's also very close to downtown (10 minutes by car).

Finally... we had good time at the Carlingwood mall... which was around 5 minutes (walking).

Rooms were well furnished as mentioned, with 2 HD Televisions (were so nice to keep the kids busy) ;-)

Internet connection was available from the first second we entered the suite, wireless & high speed... which is what we wanted.

Well... all in all... I would say it was an excellent experience, and that I would recommend this place for anyone who is looking for a quite & affordable place to stay in Ottawa.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TY2000
Reviewed September 4, 2011

I visit Ottawa at least once a year, and was recommended to stay at Mckellar Park Suites by a friend who just so happens to live across the road. The service I have received on each of those visits has been second to none. Allen, the manager, goes out of his way to ensure that I am made welcome, as do the other staff members. On my last visit in December, I was unable to leave on the scheduled date due to weather problems in England, and planes being grounded. This wasn't a problem for Allen, and he was very kind and understanding, and helped by printing e-mails off for me from the airline when re-scheduling my flight.
The apartments have everything required to ensure a pleasant stay. There is air-conditioning during the summer, and good heating during the winter. The apartments are clean and tidy, and in a perfect location for anyone wanting to explore the whole, beautiful city. Free internet connection, free local calls and free satellite TV are a huge bonus. Plenty of parking space and laundry rooms, close to a shopping mall and on a fantastic bus route, there really isn't much more you can ask for.
Can't wait for my next visit!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
4  Thank Lisa T
Reviewed August 24, 2011

I lived in McKellar Park Suites for almost 2 months. There are good apartments, very spacious, well equipped. The place is the best option especially if you work outside Ottawa and you still want to be close to the downtown.
The price is very good especially for monthly rental. The manager of the apartments was always helpful. I never encountered any issue.
For sure I will go back there for the next trip to Ottawa.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business