“The Best Thai Food... Ottawa and Beyond!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Talay Thai

Talay Thai
Ranked #318 of 2,725 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Stittsville, Canada
“The Best Thai Food... Ottawa and Beyond!”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I've been going to this restaurant since it first opened, when it replaced an old greasy spoon. It's run by a husband and wife who are some of the most friendliest people I've met. I quickly became a loyal customer, both for weekly lunches and both romantic and business dinners.

The food is unbelievable - I'm a big fan of both their Pad Thai and Yellow Curry, and can't find a taste that compares anywhere else. Once you have it, you won't be able to eat Thai anywhere else!

Dinner presentation is another plus for evenings - dishes can be brought to be shared to ensure everyone can enjoy the food selection, and with presentation in carved pineapples, etc., it adds to the atmosphere.

Barrie, Canada
“Not worth it.”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

This was first time trying thai place in Ottawa. I went here because of the reviews on trip advisor and let me tell you I was very disappointed. I ordered the Pad Thai and it lacked flavour, the other thing was that they only offered the shrimp on their menu. I also ordered their fried rice with pork and I got chicken instead and it lacked flavour too. The only good thing was the red curry chicken. The curries do not come with rice on the side and the prices were very expensive. I spent $50 on three items. I will not go there again. I have had better Thai at a mall.

Vancouver, Canada
“Flavorful food, great service”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

We had dinner here on a friday evening, the place was packed, but we were seated promptly and courteously. We ordered the special duck and asparagus in chilli and garlic saute plus a chicken curry. The food was delicious! We've tried many thai restaurants before but this one is definitely one the best! The service was great, food arrived within ten minutes after ordering even when the restaurant was packed with people. The service was also very personable, polite and attentive but not in your face. My only complaint for the night was the really loud table of women sitting behind us that talked and laughed so loudly that it annoyed every table in the restaurant. They knew it too, but kept up the bad behavior.

1 Thank Missy M
Victoria, Canada
“Delicious food, great service”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I was fortunate to share the evening with three friends who had been to this restaurant before and were able to not only order some of their favorite appetizers and main dishes, but to share them all around. Every dish was nicely presented and well prepared using fresh ingredients. The coconut creme brulee was worth saving room for. The service was pleasant, but not intrusive. The portion sizes were not very large, so unfortunately we did not have any leftovers to take with us. Would I go back? Definitely, on my next visit to Ottawa.

• Visited May 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Good food”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We enjoyed our dinner; the food was very good and the service was friendly. The restaurant was clean and the staff made a good first impression.