“Delicious and great service”
Review of Talay Thai

Talay Thai
Ranked #280 of 2,823 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Following reviews on both tripadvisor and urbanspoon, I took 2 of my closest friends to Talay Thai for dinner tonight. it the first time for all of us. We tried several dishes and I have to say that everything was delicious and reasonably priced for a chang . The staff were efficient, friendly and knowledgeable. Overall it was an excellent experience and I recommend this restaurant to everyone!

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Late the evening before I called and made a reservation for 10, no problem. Arrive to find no parking spots reserved for the restaurant in the adjacent lot, no problem, I was given a ticket to put in car window to use other free spots. The inside was well decorated with the art on walls gave a tasteful atmosphere. Our table for 10 was immediately available. The place was packed with no free tables on a Friday night, despite this service was helpful and fast. Ordered Thai beer, delicious Chicken Satay, Por Pia Sod fresh wrapped rolls (as good as I have ever had) and tasty Kerow Krob wonton crepes. The quality and varied flavors of the 8 mains were equal to the incredible appetizers...Ped Pad Prik King duck (if you like duck, order it), Goong Pad stir fried shrimp, Pla Preow Warn tilapia (well cooked, no bones), Gaeng Garee Kai yellow curry chicken, Gaeng Keow Warn green curry chicken, Jungle Curry (fiery spicy), Pad Thai (better than average) and a Pad Kee Maow done with chicken. Each outstanding. Because of the size of our group 15% service was added, perfectly reasonable and matched the attentive service we were given.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

The food was tasty and the presentation was nice. We took the lunch special, and it was a bit of everything, beef curry, pineapple chicken, soupe, all different flavours and completely delicious. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone that likes Thai food. The service was good. They have a clam atmosphere. It was a business lunch and I did not feel pressured to exit as soon as we were done eating, they were respectful and calm.

I liked it so much that I have booked my next business lunch there.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Went there with four people. Shared 5 dishes. All prepared well. The curries are good though could have used more heat. I didn't care for the Phad Thai. Prices are reasonable and service excellent.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We were looking for some place that was still open, quick, and relatively cheap after my boyfriend ran the Spartan Race in Mont Tremblant and it was the end of the day on a Sunday. We were on our way back to our hotel in Ottawa and came across this place. Figured the fact that what little parking was available was all full was a good sign. We had planned on taking the food back to the hotel. The food was delicious and well priced. I'm actually quite surprised at how generous they were with the shrimp on our pad thai as most places only give you two or three pieces. Our only issue was with the soups we had ordered as appetizers - a little on the small side for what the price was, but the pad thai entries were a great size and very filling. Would definitely return to this place if we're back in Ottawa.