“Very Genuine Fish and Chips”

Aulde Dubliner & Pour House
Ranked #103 of 2,982 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Irish, British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Byward Market Area
Description: The Aulde Dubliner & Pour House is a 2-storey bar located in the historical Byward market. It boasts genuine Irish cuisine while touching on some Canadian standards. The Dubliner's bar has been shipped straight from Ireland and assembled by Irish workers to preserve the authenticity of the bar. Some may argue that it has the best Guinness in town. The upstairs portion has a superior vantage point for viewing the market's hustle and bustle, the outdoor mezzanine is a very popular for this reason. Guests can enjoy live music on the weekends starting at 6:30 pm.
Reviewed March 19, 2016

I go there on a regular basis to deal with my cravings of fish'n chips.
It is that good, not greasy, top quality and our friends who visit the UK often report this one to be the real deal.
Genuine.
Mind you, the Guiness is served at 8C, a decent temperature. I prefer my beer at room temp.
The waitresses are excellent and unlike other pubs in the market area, they dress respectfully. None of that shameful skin tight micro short black or red dress of other bars and restaurants.
A good place and it has a UK feel.

Reviewed March 19, 2016 via mobile

Nice spot for a Friday lunch. Place was very busy no doubt due to the good food and location. The staff were friendly and efficient - not overbearing at all. I orders the butter chicken with chips, my friends ordered burgers and nachos. We were all very pleased with the quality of the food. My friends orders beer and cider and I ordered a a couple of glasses of their house red (very good actually...it was a Malbec blend from Argentina's Mendoza valley). I don't think that they have free wifi though (odd for Ottawa). I will return to this pub, for I feel that it was great value for money.

Reviewed March 16, 2016

I love the nachos there and I go for the breakfast on weekend. The summer is the best time. They are located in the middle of the nice market area and they have a lovely terrace full of flowers. And upstairs all the windows are open so it is great also.

Reviewed March 15, 2016

The Fish and ships are the best in Ottawa. Usually very crispy and the serving a very liberal. Polish them off with a nice pint from the bar.

Reviewed March 13, 2016 via mobile

Lucky for the server the amazing meals were able to save the experience of the evening. My husband had the fish and chips and I had the Lamb burger. Both are absolutely fantastic.

See many reviews about how great the services but have to tell you it was atrocious. Coming from coming from the industry it was hard to watch people standing at the front door for long periods of time without being greeted. It took 10 minutes for a server to come to the table and when she did get there she certainly was not engaged. At the end of our meal when we only had a swallow of beer left in our classes she asked if we wanted anything else and we said no. 10 minutes later she came back again and asked if we wanted anything else and we said no again and had to ask for the bill. It then took another 10 minutes to settle up.

Great atmosphere. Great food. Great beer selection. If you're OK with less than stellar service it is an amazing place to go.