“Good vegan meal”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Toronto, Canada
“Good vegan meal”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

This restaurant is one of my wife's favorites, and it is certainly well worth going to unless you are unable to do without meat or fish. My mushroom soup was excellent, my falafel and veg very good. My wife and I shared a warm chocolate cake that was also very tasty. The cooking seems imaginative, especially in view of the limitations of veganism, Highly recommended.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank operalover939

“Brilliant!”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I am recently married into a family which happens to have every kind of allergy and dietary restriction I care to think of. So when it came down to our wedding practice dinner we had it here. They quality of food was unbelievable and the atmosphere was mature and elegant without being stuffy. There was food to suit everyones needs and the chef even came out to speak with us. Can't say enough good about this place.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank DenchScience
Ottawa, Canada
“One of our favorite restaurants in Ottawa”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We have been enjoying the Zen Kitchen for a few years and it has consistently delighted us with exceptional food and service. They have been very accommodating to our food sensitivities. It is one of our favorite restaurants in Ottawa.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Jay_and_Rita
Calgary
“Absolutely outstanding vegan/vegetarian cuisine”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

It was our last night of three that we were able to spend time with our 19 year old daughter who had spent the past five weeks 24/7 in training at Royal Military College in Southern Quebec, so we were determined to find somewhere where we could really enjoy, and the food excellent.

Zen Kitchen was a last minute decision and such an amazingly wise one as it was clearly the most delicious food that we had in our three week journey out East. All the food is locally sourced and so wonderfully prepared and becomes a symphony of taste and colour while being presented like an absolute art piece. The staff are outstanding and so attentitive, - the service being impeccable. We were so fortunate to be able to make a last minute reservation and to be able to sit out on their small balcony in the warm September air with the sound of Sunday evening live jazz wafting from the indoors. Our daughter had two starters instead of an entree which were the Polenta Fries with chipotle mayo (absolutely amazing and I really don't like cornmeal but these are to die for!!) and Deconstructed Falafel (which is another amazing taste adventure). I had the Handcut Ravioli which is was wonderful with so many different vegetables coming through and my husband had the Fine Herb Gnocchi. I would return to this restaurant any time I am in Ottawa. A real find!!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Hidden_treasures4
“Absolutely amazing!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

If you're looking for a great tasting menu and wonderfully presented with great service, then ZenKitchen is where you should go, even if you're a carnivore. One of us had the 4 course tasting menu and the other the 5 course so that we could share the "cheese" course (yes a vegan cheese plate - AMAZING!). Our waitress was friendly, knew the menu well and could make recommendations. She also asked upfront if we had any allergies and immediately asked the chef what I could have on the menu to make selection easier. The flavours were well balanced, the presentation was lovely, and the food was amazing. The wine selection was also very good. Highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited August 2013