Book In Advance

from $38.60
More Info
from $107.40
More Info
All reviews gold bar olympic medals gift shop collector coins coin making real gold gold brick silver coins interesting tour precious metals other countries million dollars minute tour learn how whole process on display for sale
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Attended today’s tour with my son who would not have enjoyed any museums etc. We both found it quite interesting. The tour is 45 minutes and very reasonably priced. Park at the art gallery next door

Reviewed 1 week ago

I went for the exchange of the $2.00, I change $8.00 my son change $4.00. Good experience. I also spend $155.00 in coins.

Reviewed 1 week ago

One of two minting plants in Canada, this one prints only special coins (not our everyday currency) but is definitely worth the visit and the tour! If you're not into art or museums, but want something to do while in town (or you're seen all the museums already!) I would highly recommend it.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Have been here several times. Love seeing all the coins on display. We have not done the tour yet but hear great things about it.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Wow this is indeed a great place to tour. The gift store displays and sells the many awesome coins made here. Do plan to spend at least 10-15 minutes checking out their display cases - you may want to buy something just as I did. The informative tour was worth the $8 entrance fee. We found about the currencies that are made for other countries, about collectible coins made here and about the Olympic medals made here. This tour is good for children 12 and older and adults of any age. Our guide Steve was fantastic!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

While walking in downtown Ottawa, we came across this gorgeous, Gothic-style building. We, quickly, noticed that it was the Royal Canadian Mint. We inquired about their tours and, since it was inexpensive, we decided we had nothing to lose and bought two tickets. We were very early, so we hung around the place for almost two hours. They have a small gift shop by where the tour starts, so we perused every item so that we would not feel the time we had to wait.

We were quite surprised how interesting the tour was. Our tour guide, Kristin, happened to be the one who sold us the tickets. She was very informative and thorough in her explanations of every little detail of their process. I am into jewelry-making, so maybe I was even more into their process than the average person, as most of their techniques are the same as is used in jewelry-making, except on a larger scale.

It was too bad that we went on a Sunday because there was no production going on. That had never crossed our mind but, even if it had, we only had one day in Ottawa, so Sunday it had to be. We did see one worker doing his thing, though, but we were not able to appreciate whatever he was doing since he was behind a machine. Taking this tour on a weekday might be a better choice.

There was quite a few people in our group (maybe 25-30), so my husband and I always tried to stay close to the tour operator so that we did not miss anything she said. She spoke loud enough for everyone to hear, but there was always someone talking. Throughout the entire tour, Kristin was professional, but at the same time had a great sense of humor. She took the time to answer any questions that we had and, at the end of the tour, made sure to ask us if we had any other questions or comments. All in all, the tour was great.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Always an interesting place to stop by.Too bad the items in the boutique are expensive.
Super nice bilingual personel

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had a free day in Ottawa so I visited the Royal Canadian Mint. The one hour guided tour was exceptional with lots of great information about how our currency is made from raw metals. The gift shop has great souvineers and gifts. I will take my family there.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

It was amazing to see and learn about the history of currency production in Canada. Our tour guide was very knowledgeable. You could tell she really enjoyed her job.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

First time visited Royal Canadian mint and took guided tour. Very interesting place to visit and very informative. The guide is very good, friendly and have sense of humor. She explained all the history of Royal Canadian mint and also the history of Canadian coin. Few times she made jokes, so we not fell bored.

During the tour, we walked around the factory are. Unfortunately because the tour we took is on 1pm, many of the employees in factory still on lunch break. So we can't see the production to make the coin. But the guide showed us the video on the screen, and she explained very detailed. Was not many tourist visited, so it was nice and quiet.

We learned lots of things during the tour. Like Everytime the monarch change, the face change to different site. They also produce coin of 80 countries in the world. Beside produce coin we use for daily transaction, they produce collection coin, souvernir coin and Investment coin. At once time they produce the biggest gold coin in the world and it was in Guinness book of record.

The ticket for the tour is very reasonable, adult is $8,50 and senior is $6,50. And I think it's worthed for around 30-45 minutes tour. If you visiting in the weekend you have chance to touch the real gold bar in boutique and taking the picture of the gold. But during the tour is forbidden to take any pictures or videos in the factory.

If you want to have special coin, they can make it for you :)