“Great Food”

D&S Southern Comfort BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Barbeque like ottawa has never seen, till now.
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

We have eaten here once, but I have ordered to go on a few occasions. The food here is great,fresh home made fries and amazing beef. Will definitely eat here again.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

D&S should be on everyone's bucket list! The food is unique and sure to delight, the portions definitely fill your tummy and won't break the bank, the service is friendly and cheery, and the atmospehere is warm and welcoming. Whether you're stopping in for a quick bite in the lounge/bar area for lunch or supper or treating the family to a nice supper out in the spacious dinning room, D&S BBQ won't dissapoint. My favorites are the BBQ chicken or the brisket/pulled pork combo platter complimented by their unique baked beans and freshly cooked vegetables...and (of course) accompanied with some specialty-brewed D&S beer! JUST AWESOME!

I'm a sledder (snowmobiler)...D&S is on the top of my list for places to stop for a bite and warm up...they even have a seasonal special just for us - how nice! But seriously...it's right on the trail, there's fuel across the street and they have one of the nicest Helmet Racks around! If you haven't already done so, get in there as soon as you can...season's coming to an end (sadly).

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I had read about this restaurants and wanted to try it. On our way to Montreal on Friday we dropped in for lunch. They were not busy. Its a big restaurant in the old hotel (I think) that's been completely refurbushed, Lots of parking. Easy to find - take 417 to Boundary Rd - go north past Grey Hawk Golf Course you will find it at the first intersection.
The BBQ was great. I had a platter with an Armidillo egg, a chicken leg, beed brisket, cole slaw and fries. Everything was very tasty. The jalapeno in the egg was surprisingly only mildly spicy.
The brisket was very tender. My wife had the southwest club which had chicken, brisket and bacon in it.
We look forward to our next visit.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

I’ve been to D&S at least a dozen times and have had a great experience every time. I’ve been there during their busy times – typically Saturday night – and in their quiet times and have found the staff to be attentive and the quality of the food to be very good. I’m finding that the staff, whether they’re servers, maintenance or kitchen staff, are all friendly. It kind of gives you a feeling of being on the set of the TV Series "Cheers" (1982–1993).

Fish: No matter where I travel, I always use fish and chips as a benchmark to gauge a restaurant. At D&S the fish is so good that I could order it every on every visit but prefer to have it on alternating visits so that everything on the menu can be experienced. The size of just one piece of fish is satisfying for a person with a big appetite; it’s big, but not all batter. I never thought I’d find decent fish and chips at a place that features southern foods!

Chicken: I’m not much of a meat eater but their chicken wings are something worthy of mention. These aren’t wings that you need a magnifying glass to find on your plate; they look like they might have been from an ostrich (jk)! You can chose from three sauces – my preference is for the Creole.

Nachos: Very good. When I was served a plate of nachos, I asked the server if it would be possible to get some freshly cut cilantro as a garnish. She went back to the kitchen, made the request et voila, I was given freshly cut cilantro. Now that’s service!

Spare ribs, beef or pork: As mentioned above, I’m not much of a meat eater but the pork ribs were surprisingly good. Again, they come in a variety of flavours – each one worth trying out – and yes, I’d get the pork spare ribs again.

Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

Tried the hot wings with beer.So good ordered another plate and another beer.Service is great little long to wait for food but well worth the wait.The owner is very polite and makes you feel at home.Restaurant was very busy and loud just what makes this a great place thanks so much.Ps you chicken nachos are the best in ottawa My sister Susanne said I needed to say this