“What a dissapointment”

D&S Southern Comfort BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Barbeque like ottawa has never seen, till now.
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Went there this past sunday for my birthday with family. Was looking forward to this. Heard it was a great restaurant and trip advisor seem to confirm it. Well, was I in for a surprise. I ordered the back ribs - thinking it was their specialty. I had trouble cutting it and when I finally did i bit into it and it was tough and tasted like gasoline. Other members of the group were also dissapointed with their meal. The service was really slow and cold. This is the 2nd worst restaurant I've ever been to.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

What a sad waste of time. Hubby and I went for our Anniversary and were sadly disappointed. Food came out cold and when I told the waiter he took it back in the kitchen. When it came back out it was still cold. We told him to forget it and left. He said the manager (who never came over) said we got have a glass of wine. We said no thanks. Service was good but we are very disappointed and will not go back.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

My husband and I decided to try this place on Saturday afternoon, we had been craving southern food and had gone to Union 613 the night before, we were extremely disappointed. The following day friends recommended D&S, and we are so happy we went!!! Everything we ordered was incredible, our very favourites were the ribs and pulled pork, but the chicken, sausage and brisket were great as well! The prices were fantastic and our service was better than I have had at any of "Ottawa's top ten restaurants"! At the end of our meal the owner came out and spoke with us about his passion for barbecue. He even gave my husband a few tips to help him with his traeger! Give this place a try, you will not be disappointed! We are already planning our next trip back!

1  Thank Lynn R
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I consider myself a BBQ connoisseur, and have traveled to BBQ country in Texas. I was excited to try this place out as it claimed to be Texas style.

While it does make BBQ that is meant to taste similar to Texas, it fails pretty dramatically. The beef and pork ribs were average, and the brisket was dry and somehow it was kind of cold. I wondered to myself when eating it if maybe they had taken it out of the fridge and reheated it. The food was also quite expensive for what it was.

I wouldn't go back there, I can only imagine that the people who recommend the place haven't experienced how good real BBQ can be.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Meat lovers will love the menu choices. Not lots of Greens available. Lots to eat as servings are large. The food was very good and everyone at our table of eight liked their meal choices. Smoked cheesecake for desert is worth a try. Pleasant family setting, ideal for a family (of all ages) celebration.

3  Thank Sylvie G