“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #38 of 67 Hotels in Ottawa
Winnipeg, Canada
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed August 23, 2014

The hotel is clean and the queen suite is very large.

We spent 4 nights at the hotel we our daughter and grandson who is 6. He enjoyed the pool and hot tub and the talking elevator.

The continental breakfast is very good but I did notice that they do not restock their fruit. Which only consisted of apples and bananas.

Would recommend.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank TeresaA56
HIEOttawawest, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ottawa West - Nepean, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Hello TeresaA56!

It amazes me how small things, such as the pool, the hot tub, and most importantly the "talking elevator" have made the day for your 6-year old grandson! That is awesome and thank you for sharing it with us.

We will take into consideration your note about better re-stocking of the fruit at the Breakfast Bar. In fact, we have improved our selection by adding other seasonal fruit, such as pears. I hope when you are in Ottawa next time, you will stay with us and check on our bettered breakfast service.
Once again, thank you for your great review!

Most sincerely,

Alyona N.
Manager On Duty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Little Weighton, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

On a mini road trip of east Canada and this was the best hotel so far. Friendly staff, quiet pool and gym, very well appointed rooms and nice restaurant nearby (Brew Table, connected to the Days Inn). Not downtown but if you have a car its only 10+ miles.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Duncan E
HIEOttawawest, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ottawa West - Nepean, responded to this review, August 10, 2014
Hello Duncan E!

Thank kindly for your positive feedback and for mentioning our great staff and facilities. I am always happy to see guests promoting the area of Bells Corners and all the businesses that it has to offer to business and leisure travelers. I hope to see you in our hotel many more times, whenever there are other trips to Nations Capital!

Guelph, Ontario
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in a lot of Holiday Inns and this one is not one of the better ones. I have no complaints however, other than it is taking a beating from guests and shows much older than it is. Room was clean. The pool was murky and the hot tub was more of a cool tub. There were not nearly enough seats for the complimentary , continental breakfast but we still appreciated the availability of take out containers if you chose to eat in your room. Overall, a decent place to stay and you can't go wrong for the price and location.
I do have a complaint about one staff member not assisting us and stating that it "wasn't her job."
I think, she may be in the wrong line of work.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank CampinTrav
HIEOttawawest, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ottawa West - Nepean, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Dear CampinTrav!

Thank you for your being a loyal guest to the Holiday Inn Express brand and for choosing our hotel during your time in Ottawa. I am glad to hear that some of the aspects during your stay with us were pleasant, however, I am more concerned about the fact that we did not deliver an ultimate positive experience. I am especially sorry to hear about your interaction with a staff member who mentioned that a request placed by you "was not her job". I would like to address this issue further, and have sent you an email, if you decided to bring more details to our attention.

Thank you again for your comments and for staying with us.

Burlington, Canada
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I stay in this hotel monthly and the rooms are always immaculately clean, the staff are all wonderfully polite and helpful and the complimentary breakfast is always fresh and tasty. The location is safe - you can walk to a number of good restaurants and a grocery store. After 10 + visits I have zero complaints.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear 11Erin1976,

There could not be a better compliment that reading your "10+ visits with zero complaints"! I thank you very much for sharing it with us and with many other potential travelers to West End of Ottawa.

Our hotel enjoys a solid profile of business travelers who choose to stay with us on a regular basis. We do our best to make sure guests are provided with the comforts and conveniences they may need during their time away from home. Also, despite the fact that we are not in the heart of Ottawa's downtown, the location of the hotel offers direct access to HWY 417, which makes downtown accessible within 15 minutes, access to many businesses in the West End, shopping, grocery stores and a list of great restaurants within walking distance.

I hope to see you with us many more times and once again, thank you for your most positive feedback!

Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Myself, my boyfriend and my 2 stepdaughte stayed here for the weekend of August 1st to 3rd and we really enjoyed the hotel! The hot / cold buffet breakfast had something for everyone and we all walked away full! They offered us an upgrade when we arrived and even showed us the difference between what we had reserved and what we could get! Staff was nice an helpful and you really felt welcome! I will differently come back to this hotel!

Stayed August 2014
Hello Samantha R!
Thank you for taking time to leave such a nice review about our hotel!

Here, at the Holiday Inn Express Ottawa West-Nepean, we pride ourselves in offering a very warm welcome and delivering an outstanding customer service to all of our guests. Thank you for mentioning our complimentary Express Start hot buffet breakfast and its numerous choices. Considering ourselves as a relatively new hotel, we are happy to offer an upgrade to guests, especially travelling with larger families, who may benefit from having an access to a mini-refrigerator and a microwave oven.

Once again, thank you kindly for your feedback and looking forward to having you at the hotel sometime in future!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Travelled to Ottawa with my husband and toddler last minute for one night. Booked directly on the hotel website at a great deal. I have to say, from the minute we stepped into the lobby we were met with smiles and staff who were more than willing to help - nothing was too much to ask.

The room was fantastic, spacious and exceptionally clean. I am quite obsessed with clean and this room was spotless and even little things like the bathroom drain flowing nicely with no back up was amazing (i find that a lot of hotels have this particular problem). The bed was comfortable and having 2 TVS was just great as i was able to set one up with a kids station for my daughter in the living room.

Free parking is included. We found that it was very convenient with a car to get to downtown Ottawa as it only took us about 10-15mins or so. There is a hot breakfast provided which was fine. We did not get a chance to use the amenities but i did notice the small pool which looked very clean as well.

There are a lot of stores nearby including large loblaws, fast food like Mcdonalds etc also close. If we had more time, we would have explored the area a bit more.

All in all, when i am in Ottawa again, i will most definitely stay here no question. Staying here made what could have been a stressful trip, actually relaxing!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hello TTToronto!

I am thrilled to see such a positive narration full of details about our property and the area, rooms and our great staff! Thank you very much!

I am glad to see that more guests are using an online booking tool through our hotel's website. The room you chose was an extended suite with a separated concept, which usually works best for families with children. We work hard to ensure a clean room welcomes each and everyone of our guests. Your paying attention to such a small detail as bathroom drain, makes me only happier. A warm welcome is awaiting for you at the Holiday Inn Express when you are in Ottawa next time.

Most sincerely,

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed June 22, 2014

My husband and I enjoyed our stay at this property. It must be quite new. We stayed in one of the suites which was very roomy with a separate living room area and small kitchen area complete with a sink. The bed was comfortable - you can always tell when they're new. My only minor complaint is I wish the "kitchen" would have had some amenities such as glasses or plates. The price was outstanding and well worth it compared to what you'd pay in the city. If you can avoid going downtown during rush hour it's only about a 15-20 min. drive. Be aware that at rush hour it could take an hour. The breakfast was impressive.There is also an excellent Pakistani/Indian restaurant nearby called The Golden Tiffin.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
HIEOttawawest, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ottawa West - Nepean, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Bunny7475,

Thank you kindly for such a positive feedback about your most recent stay in our hotel.
Our Holiday Inn Express and Suites is 4 years old and we are proud to continue the impression of a brand new property. I am glad you enjoyed the comfort of the room with all the amenities it has, selection of breakfast items and the area itself. I am especially pleased to know you found the rate being "outstanding and well worth it".

I hope there are many more travels in future and that you will choose to stay with us again.

Anna Kamsha