“Hit or miss but not bad”
Review of Fiamma - CLOSED

Fiamma
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Ottawa, Canada
“Hit or miss but not bad”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We have been to Fiamma's several times. We have enjoyed it but there has been times that we have not enjoyed it. The food is decent but it is pricey for what it is. The main waitress is very good and really works hard. I don't think the place wood survive without her. The kids pizza is great and priced well. Veal is their specialty which I like and the Basciola (with bacon and cream sauce) is probably my favorite. I have had the Veal Cardinal a few times and it's good too but very similar to a eggplant Parmesan with veal layered in it. The pollo Fiamma is also good if you prefer chicken. I had the cheesecake once but didn't really love it. Atmosphere is good and we would probably go back because it is one of the best places in the area.

• Visited June 2013

“Mixed feelings”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Heard about this restaurant from friends so we decided to go. There were 2 couples in our party. We were promptly seated, but the server seemed like she wanted to rush and get our orders as soon as possible. No time to talk, must place order. The interior is well decorated and cozy. We had to ask for bread, as it wasn't brought out. 3 of the 4 orders were served, but the 4th order was held up for some time, which was awkward while we waited. My chicken linguine was OK, but seemed a bit greasy. The others in my group seemed to agree. The food was good, maybe somewhat better than average, but not great. For dessert we were told there was no Tiramisu, oh and by the way, the cappuccino maker was broken, so can't have that either. Overall, I would say this place is ok, but I certainly wouldn't say more than that. Probably won't go back.

Visited August 2013
Ottawa
“Food is "Just Okay"...Too Pricey”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband and I decided to go and try Fiamma one evening. When we entered the restaurant there were about 5 tables seated and no host or waitress in the front of the restaurant. We had to wait a couple of minutes for someone to come into the restaurant to greet and seat us.

There was one waitress (not the friendliest...until it was tip time) and one other girl cleaning up.
We ordered crab cakes and calamari. No flavour, no seasoning. There was some shell in one of my crab cakes as well. They need to be more careful when taking crab from the can.

The waitress came to clear our plates but never asked how we liked the appetizers. I did put the shells on the side of the plate so that someone may see them.

We ordered Pescatore Linguini and Penne Funghi e Vitello. Both again were under seasoned, just bland, disappointing. To the cooks: Don't be afraid to use some salt.

The meal came in at around $100 for two people. Two drinks, two appetizers, two main dishes, no dessert.

I'm sorry but we would not return or recommend this restaurant.

• Visited July 2013
Dowling, Ontario
“Surprise in a strip mall.”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

What a surprise to find a fine dining restaurant in a strip mall with several fast food outlets! Fiamma is a cozy, authentic Italian style restaurant. We were lucky enough to get the last two seats without a reservation as it appears to be a very popular spot. The menu has a great variety of Italian dishes and the staff were excellent. We will be returning to Fiamma's next time we are in Ottawa.

• Visited May 2013
“Nice”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Restaurant is nicely decorated. Food was good. Plate i ordered was not the greatest ive had, but everyone else loved there's.

Visited February 2013