“Mother and daughter lunch”
Review of Play Food & Wine

Play Food & Wine
Ranked #9 of 2,825 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: French, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Byward Market Area
Reviewed August 5, 2014

This was a lovely, light lunch on a summer Sunday. We shared the dishes which included the cheese plate and the waiter brought us extra crackers when he noticed this. A nice touch. Everything was perfect and the chocolate pate was amazing!

Reviewed August 1, 2014

Always a special part of any trip to Ottawa.This time I brought my daughter, and she is most enthusiastic. The food is both imaginative and excellent. Very accommodating to vegan/vegetarian. Superb wine list, including by the glass. Friendly and knowledgeable service.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

I enjoyed lunch here with a group of six. They have a deal for lunch where you get two dishes for $22. The dishes are tiny so you would need two or three dishes to be full. The scallops were good and the watermelon salad was great. Perfect in the summer. The trout was very good as well. The hanger steak, however, was only okay: It was cut into strips and marinated with what I think to be soy sauce. It wasn't anything to write home about.

The bread they serve at the beginning is really remarkable. Our server tells me they are a sister restaurant of the nearby restaurant, Beckta, and the bread is from there.

Everything is presented nicely. The staff is friendly, pleasant, and helpful.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

I met a good friend that I had not seen for a long time. We talked constantly, shared family and travel photos. The service could not hâve been better. Not only did she speak french but she was attentive to our slower pace eating, we were sharing so much! The food was excellent, a thaï inspired soup and hank steak with frites! Perfect,

Reviewed July 28, 2014

When I made a reservation I stated that I need to eat gluten free. We found The staff very knowledgeable about gluten free food and cross contamination. Our server gave me a menu with GF options clearly marked- and there were lots of them! The food was very good and the service very professional. We'll definitely return.