“Great walking tour”

Ranked #4 of 50 Tours in Ottawa
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator
Reviewed July 7, 2011

If you are intrigued by the paranormal, or just enjoy a good old ghost story this is a fun addition to any visit. We have also done these walks in Kingston and Halifax. They are always interesting, adding a neat twist to the history of the area. The kids are excited to try all the walks (except of course the "pub walk")

3  Thank egriffi
There are newer reviews for Haunted Walk of Ottawa

Reviewed May 10, 2011

Haunted Walk of Ottawa is awesome!! I've lived in Ottawa for all my life and never knew about these guys until now! Wow! The stories are real life stories and the guides... Wow! I've been on the Original Haunted Walk twice in the past week! Both guides were really great! They know they're stories, they're captivating and very interesting to listen to!!! I most certainly recommend this to everyone!! And I can't wait to do their other tours! Ghost and Gallows look soo scary!!!!

4  Thank Traveling-Valerie
Reviewed May 10, 2011

If you are in Ottawa and want a different twist to the history of Ottawa, this tour is for you! The tour guide was a great storyteller and had such interesting historic facts! I have been on all of their tours (the tours inside the Old Jail Hostel and the Original Haunted Walk) and they are both so great!!

3  Thank Brianne123
Reviewed May 9, 2011

I don't normally don't like to write reviews, but given what I just read below, I feel I must express my opinion. I brought my family to do the Original Haunted Walk this past weekend. Everyone (including us adults) had a fantastic time! The guide we had was extremely friendly and a great storyteller! There was some very spooky stories, as well as some interesting historical information about the city itself. Being from Ottawa, I was pleasantly surprised to have such a fun night playing tourists in our hometown. I would have no problem recommend this tour to locals and visitors alike. My wife and I are already talking about going on another tour - maybe the Naughty Ottawa Pub Walk as a date night!

5  Thank TheWinskills
Reviewed May 2, 2011

This is money out the window. Hire a real tour guide and get the proper history of Ottawa and areas. All places offer kitchy stuff and I guess we are no different.

4  Thank naninottawa
JimHW, Manager at Haunted Walk of Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am very sorry, and quite surprised, to hear you did not enjoy your tour. Our tour guides are generally recognized as the best and most knowledge in the city, as witnessed by our strong partnerships with the Canadian Museum of Nature, the Bytown Museum, the Ottawa Jail Hostel, and the National Capital Commission (NCC). We take great pride in our historical accuracy and overall quality of our tours, so your comments are concerning.

Your comments, while negative in tone, are very short in detail. I would be very interested to hear what your expectations were when you purchased a ticket for a tour with the Haunted Walk. Our tours, as our name suggests, focus on the darker or unknown history of the city rather than a general or customized historical tour.

I hope that if you willing to post such a negative review here, you might be willing to send us a more detailed note about your experience so that we can look into the situation more fully and help us continue to deliver the excellent customer service we have been known for over the past 15 years.

Thank you and all the best!

Jim Dean
Business Development Manager – Haunted Walks Inc.
info@hauntedwalk.com