“It all went downhill” 1 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
“It all went downhill”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We used to go to this restaurant 2-4 times per week. When it first opened the food was great. Then all of a sudden the service went down hill, the waitresses talk back, service is slow, and they always say that they can't make any modifications. I have allergies, and I ask for no butter on my food. Some days they tell me it's not possible, other days they tell me no problem and then when the food comes, veggies are drenched in butter. I talked to the waitress, and she lied to my face and told me there's no butter. She finally ended up taking the dish back, rinsing off the vegetables she first gave me, and brought them back.... Completely unacceptable. To top it off, she talked to me like a child.
I stopped going there, but today my fiancé was starving and we were in the area, so he wanted to stop in. I refused to eat there, but my fiancé ordered fattoush and chicken. The chicken tasted like rubber, and the fattoush was the worst ever. They charged $20 for a small salad and chicken breast.
For that price, we both eat at the greek souvlaki house snd have left overs!! If you want good Greek food, go to the Greek souvlaki house on riviside. Best service, fresh food, amazing flavours, and they don't soak their food in grease... The food isn't frozen either. And you get the best bang for your buck.

• Visited September 2013

Ontario, Canada
“Great Food - Reasonable Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Had lunch here with four friends. Decor is clean and neat. Service (Vera) was prompt, attentive and friendly. Food was very good. Greek Bruschette was generous; Spanakopita was well seasoned and phyllo pastry was light and flakey; Calamari was lightly fried and not too chewy. Lamb Souvlaki was tender and tasty, as we're the Gyros and the Keftedes Wrap. Chef/Owner Elie can be proud of this slightly out of the way restaurant but that should not deter one from visiting for lunch or dinner. Thank you Vera and Elie for a great experience. We shall return !

Visited August 2013
Ottawa, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummy greek food and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Have been twice and will continue to frequent,service very freindly,food is great and place is clean...what more could you want.I have not been disappointed to date and neither was my friend who goes there often,,,portions are good and food is flavorful.prices are reasonable

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank sabrinaOttawa_Canada
London, Canada
“Wonderful food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Found in a quiet plaza, not yet filled with Tenants but worth looking for and eating there.
There is a sign on the pylon and over the restaurant, though it doesn't look Greek it is.
The food quality and price will make it worth your while to dine there.
Fran served me and was a delight and very helpful.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Randall J
Medicine Hat, Canada
“Greek Hospitality and More!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

We enjoyed our Friday evening meal at Kallisto. The hospitality is exceptional..from the time you call to make a reservation, to your greeter and your server. Customer service is valued in this restaurant. Our meals-Gyros and Mousakka did not disappoint. Of special note was the delicious baklava. An enjoyable evening!

• Visited June 2013