“A Favourite!”

Ranked #717 of 2,870 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Mongolian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Mongolian Village Grill is a "You Build It" "We Grill It" type of Stir-Fry Grill & Bar. Phase 1 Customers select ingredients from a 20' long Food-Bar filled with a vast array of freshly cut vegetables, Noodles, Dumplings, Fish, Seafood, Poultry, and Meats. The final part of Phase 1 involves the customer selecting a sauce for their Stir-Fry. With 16 different Sauces to choose from the customer can select a single sauce or mix and match a combination of sauces to suit their selected ingredients. Phase 2 Customers return to their table to enjoy unlimited Soup, Steamed Rice, Flour Wraps, and their chosen Beverage. While the customer is eating their soup the Mongolian Village Chef's are preparing the Stir-Fry on a custom "Flat Wok Grill". Phase 3 One of the Chef's will deliver to your table your unique custom made Stir-Fry. The Mongolian Village Grill operates on a pay by weight system which includes unlimited Soup, Steamed Rice, and Flour Wraps.
Reviewed November 27, 2012

On Sunday, Nov. 25, a group of us met for dinner here, on my recommendation. I've been coming to this spot since they opened as The Mongolie Grill, and it is one of my favourites. The group is vegetarian, so they are always looking for a place that offers good food and some choice. The Village seemed ideal to me!

The waitress was very accommodating and helpful. The ingredients fresh and varied, and it is great to see that they include cilantro among the offerings. I got my first taste of cilantro at a Mongolian BBQ restaurant in Taipei, and it always gives a great savour to the stir-fry.
This was the first time I'd tried vegetarian style, and the food still was very tasty. I finished my meal with a perfect slice of carrot cake. Because the food is sold by weight, it tends to be pricy, but it is healthy cuisine. (Except maybe the cake.. but it was vegetables!) Tax and food was $21. which I rounded up to $25.00 for the tip.

There were many comments to me that everyone enjoyed their meals, and are likely to return.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Nice little stop at mongolian, not expensive at all and you choose what you want in you little bowl and after that they weight it and you pay only for what you pick.They cook it for you will the waiter offer the soupe that is include in you meal.A big jar of riz is also serve later. Very nice!!!!

1  Thank natasha d
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stir-fry is my favourite dish so I LOVE to go to The Mongolian Village. I live about 40 minutes from it so we always just go for my birthday every year. You get a slip, go up to the "bar" and pick all the ingrediants from your meat, seafood and vegetables down to your sauce. I have yet to find a recipe that matches their honey garlic sauce. It is so great! You can stand there and watch them cook up your stir-fry or go sit back down to eat. I love this place because you don't have to worry about asking the waiter/ress to add or remove certain foods from your dish. You can choose exactly what you want.

The ingrediants are always fresh, the meat is good quality and you literally pay for what you eat. (They weigh the bowl and the amount is the price of your meal)

1  Thank stokes21
Reviewed September 26, 2012

This place is unique. You get a slip upon entry...you get up and proceed to a food bar....select all your food items from the table...place in a stainless steel "dog food" looking bowl, hand it to the chef, and he cooks the ingredients for you. At first it seemed sketchy, but in the end I wanted more...it was so delicious and I highly recommend it. It was a bit pricy but worth it. The service was also wonderful.

1  Thank David A
Reviewed August 27, 2012

YOu pick your own ingredients and away you go........my only complaint is most times the brocolli is not cooked, it is almost raw.......but the food overall is great tasting and I enjoy it every time i am there. Great if you have allergies, they are very careful and attentive.

1  Thank jjejermaster