“Very satisfactory”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

johnkimpt...
Ancaster, Canada
“Very satisfactory”
Reviewed May 11, 2018 for a stay in May 2018

I arrived a little later in the day (6 pm) than expected and was met by a representative of Pelican Suites in the lobby of the property at 50 Laurier Ave in Ottawa.

A little confused about the process as there is no signage indicating Pelican Suites, I simply asked the security officer as I came in and he immediately pointed me to the representative.

I was very pleased to have been given a PH suite (a very pleasant surprise) with the requested King Bed, but a PH suite with a full kitchen and balcony? I was wowed.

I was escorted to the suite and given a tour with clear instructions on the stay and check out. Wi-fi, swimming pool...good to go!

Spectacular value for a stay in the centre of a metropolitan centre like Ottawa.

If there was any criticism, it is the daily housekeeping fee I paid ($40/day I think). At no time was housekeeping in my room. Presumably there would have been upon my departure but definitely no one during my three night stay. Value conscious, If there was no daily service I would have expected a single cleaning fee for the stay. I suspect service would have been available if I had requested clean towels, more pillows or a refill of the complimentary in-room coffee supplies (I used the two day coffee supply in two days...but stayed three).

Otherwise the stay was very very good. Very close to downtown, friendly, clean, quality location...and a King Suite for less than $150/night all in.

I will book here again.

Management Response
May 13, 2018
Thank you for your lovely review and feedback your feedback really mean alot to us .

We are glad you were happy with your stay .We always love to see our guests happy.

Well we do not provide daily cleaning services the C$ 90 is applicable for 2 time cleaning service . one cleaning service which is done before your arrival and the other cleaning service which is done after your departures.

We hope to see you soon.
Miranda N
“Excellent Stay”
Reviewed April 9, 2018 for a stay in April 2018

We booked our stay on hotels.com. Online booking, late (9:30 pm) check in, and early (9 am) check out went smoothly. The room we were assigned originally had not be cleaned; we were provided with another room immediately (upgraded to a penthouse suite).

The lobby and suite itself was spacious, clean and as shown in the pictures. I used the pool and sauna; overall the facilities were quite well maintained.

The location is hard to beat. It’s easy to find / get to off the highway, close to the Rideau Centre, Byward Market and a number of museums and galleries that we were interested in exploring.

We’d recommend visiting the Royal Mint on a weekday if possible for a tour as the workers will be there too, instead of just seeing the equipment and facilities :)

Management Response
Apr 19, 2018
Thank you Miranda for your lovely review and feedback .It was our pleasure hosting you .

We hope to see you soon again :)
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing