“Excellent Tour - Craig is a wonderful tour guide.”

Ottawa Walking Tours
Ranked #5 of 48 Tours in Ottawa
More attraction details
Owner description: Ottawa Walking Tours is a company dedicated to letting our experienced, professional guides acquaint you with the history of our beautiful city. Our 2.5 hour guided walks are a must for visitors wanting to get a great overview of the city and learn more about the city’s history, colourful political characters and snap some outstanding photographs. Spend a couple of hours with us exploring our city's past and discovering how the modern city of Ottawa came to be. A must for visitors who want to feel the essence of the Canadian capital
Elora
“Excellent Tour - Craig is a wonderful tour guide.”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

This was an absolutely wonderful tour. We had folks from the US, folks from Portugal, people from Quebec and my husband and myself from Ontario. Craig is so knowledgeable. He related buildings and history to all of us. As a Canadian, it was worth every minute to hear all the history of the buildings and the stories Craig told.

We were in Ottawa for a week and did take other tours of buildings and museums but none of them measured even
close to the walking tour we took with Craig. It would have been wonderful to hire him to conduct
our tours of all the museums and buildings we took after the walking tour.

We will be back to Ottawa and the first thing I will do when planning the trip will be to reserve another walking trip with Ottawa Walking Tours.

Visited October 2013

Newcastle, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Excellent. Must do in Ottawa”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I chose this walking tour of Ottawa based on comments on TripAdvisor. I was not disappointed with the tour exceeding expectations. With a great tour guide, Craig, and a great group, we faced the cold winds of Ottawa to experience a wonderful insight into this beautiful city. It was worth every minute if the time spent in the cold. Craig was so knowledgeable and insightful about the history of Ottawa with smatterings of "tales" to add richness to the tour. I have done these walking tours in a few cities now with this one being the best of all.

Visited November 2013
Falkirk, United Kingdom
83 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Informative and entertaining”
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

It's easy to see why this is the Number One-rated Ottawa attraction on Trip Advisor. I booked on the basis of previous reviews and wasn't disappointed. The guide, a student at one of the city's universities, turned up a couple of minutes late (just as the waiting group was about to phone the company) but quickly won us over with his friendly, easy-going manner and his knowledge of both his city and country. In a tour that lasted just under two hours we learned much about the city's history and, although the pace was leisurely, it was never slow. The guide had a good interaction with the group (there were seven people on my particular tour) and was happy to answer questions at any time. The tour started opposite the Parliament buildings and ended near the ByWard Market just in time for lunch. A good introduction to Ottawa and an enjoyable way to spend a morning.

Visited September 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best tour for history”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This walking tour gives a great overview of Ottawa, a city with a rich history. Craig, the owner and tour guide, was extremely knowledgable about a wide range of topics and full of interesting tidbits. So glad we decided to do this two hour tour.

Visited September 2013
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Best Possible Ottawa Tour!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I went with my cousin who was visiting from abroad.....I learned just as much about Canada as her and I'm Canadian!!
I believe the tour was 2.5 hours long but it doesn't even feel like it. Our tour guide was AMAZING and extremely knowledgeable. He's a history teacher and literally can answer ANY question about Ottawa you have!
Wear comfortable shoes. He will take you around all the major sites in Downtown and gives you time to snap some photos. $15 per person, well worth it.

Visited August 2013