“Spicy lunch treat”

Neighborhood: Byward Market Area
Ottawa, Canada
“Spicy lunch treat”
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Every time I've treated myself to lunch at this cozy little hideaway downtown, it's been a pleasure. I always go for the roti, which is tasty and filling. They have Caribbean soft drinks too. I find it a touch expensive for regular lunches, but it makes a delightful alternative to the usual food-court fare.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Michael D

Ottawa, Canada
“Very good SPICY food”
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

I had no idea caribbean food was so spicy! We had the jerk chicken: it was very tasty but very very spicy. The goat curry was delicious and a little bit less spicy. I loved the rice. Good quality food for a good price. Next time I will ask if they have something less spicy though. :) but if you like spicy food, you will love this place. It is indeed full of flavour.

1 Thank Anne155004
Rimouski, Quebec, Canada
“Great Jerk Chicken”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

First time visiting this restaurant. Nice and cozy little restaurant. Relaxing atmosphere. The food is a delight. The Jerk chicken is great. Big plate, good rice and to top it off, excellent service. I would definetely go back. Great dinning on a budget.

• Visited November 2013
Gatineau, Canada
“Very good curry”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

-I stopped in here after a chanting meeting. I suppose that eating well does not meet that I am selfish. I would go back there again and again. The washroom is very clean and I was served by a tall polite man. Very affordable too. A large photo of Jamaica travel at the front.

• Visited March 2013
Newfoundland
“Consistently Wonderful”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I first tried this place a couple of years ago during a business trip to Ottawa, and was so impressed that I resolved to come back. This time, I was back in Ottawa but not at all happy about it. It was the tail-end of a snowstorm, I had a rotten cold and eating was more of a chore than anything else. Wandering around in the slop & slush, I found myself back, craving something tasty, or at least something I could taste. The Curry Goat did not disappoint. This is certainly not a fine dining establishment, but the dining is fine. You can tell that the food is carefully prepared and they take pride in it. Thanks for saving my tastebuds - I'll definitely be back again.

• Visited March 2013