“Friendly staff; surprisingly little aircraft noise”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ottawa Airport
Ranked #14 of 67 Hotels in Ottawa
Toronto, Canada
“Friendly staff; surprisingly little aircraft noise”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Stayed here in late May for the Ottawa Tulip Festival.
Airport is a short drive away, but couldn't hear any planes during our stay.

Staff were extremely friendly at the breakfasts, in the hallways, etc.

Short drive (10-15mins) to downtown to the major attractions.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Maple Ridge, BC
Reviewed May 26, 2014

This is a very well maintained hotel. They have high speed internet, a free breakfast and very good rates and a great staff and its only a ten minute drive to Carleton University. I would definitely stay here again.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Good property and consistent with the Holiday Inn Express branding. Friendly staff living up to their national reputation. Convenient shuttle service. My IHG Rewards Club status was acknowledged and complimentary room upgrade came through. Had no complaints whatsoever; definitely recommend staying here if you're looking for a stress-free layover in Ottawa.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank MD2Be
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Organized a 4-day training in one of the conference rooms in the hotel. Stayed in the hotel due to convenience sake.

I was given a complimentary ride by the staff to the hotel. My packages which included the laptops and training material arrived a week before I arrived, and they were well stored and taken care of. The conference room was well setup prior to the training, along with the meal caterings (coffee breaks and lunch). Complimentary breakfast was regular.

Things to improve on: gym facility

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We booked a night stay at the hotel to accommodate our early morning flight. We received the room we booked with the ONA discount which was fantastic!

The room was clean, the building was quiet and the service was great. We had no issues nor requests but during check in the clerk was accommodating and asked is he could help us in any way.

Breakfast was fine, all of us were able to find something substantial to eat and start the day with.

We did not seek out any of the hotel services as this was a quick in and out stay.

We did have a code for the WiFi but were unable to get on to many websites to check weather reports, flight times etc. We switched back to our cell provider and had no further issues.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

I travel quite often, in and out of hotels and for once I can say I had no complaints. I felt right at home. The service was professional, the room was very clean, the bed was comfortable and minutes away from the airport which is fantastic. I'll for sure be back. Good job guys!! D.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank 5n1p3
Oshawa, Canada
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I am a Hilton Diamond member, though I also have loyalty cards with all the major chains, this one included. It is normally my second choice. This property was closer than the Hilton to the location I am working at, and looked pretty decent. Booked well in advance. Arrived around 8 pm and was told that the people in the room they'd earmarked for me had extended their stay so I was being "relocated" to the Marriot.
Really???
When I asked why no one had bothered to call me to tell me, the reply was, "um, I don't know."
The Marriott was not closer to where I am working, and it wasn't that easy to find either for someone not familiar with the area. I would have preferred to be notified in advance so I could have tried to get into the Hilton.
This morning I get my check out slip under the door at the Marriot. The Holiday Inn had only booked me for one night. I called over to HI and they said, "no we don't have you booked here for tonight." Thankfully the Marriot accomodated me and offered the same price point, otherwise I would have had to check out and find somewhere else to stay on short notice.
Absolutely terrible customer service from HIE!!!
I work for a large corporation. I stay in Ottawa about 24 nights a year, and usually travel with a team of 4 people. I will not stay at this hotel and will cite this experience as the reason. And since I'm the team lead, you can expect I will diverted about 80 nights of business from your hotel. I will also tell all the other staff in my district about my poor experience.
How's that for the price of a phone call and the 5 minutes it would have taken someone to make it?

Room Tip: Book somewhere else, or call advance to make sure they didn't give your room away.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank gasndeiseldontmix
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ottawa Airport, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear gasndeiseldontmix,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Ottawa.

Orlando A.