Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ottawa Airport
Ranked #12 of 67 Hotels in Ottawa
“Top Notch ”
Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

As a business traveller putting on over 100K miles per year, this hotel tops some of the best I've stayed. Dave and Greg (front desk and shuttle driver) know what customer service means! The rooms are immaculate, updated and well appointed. While I could go on and on about the accommodations, even the nicest hotels can go downhill with bad service.

This hotel is top notch and has made me rethink the brand Holiday Inn Express!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Charlottetown, Canada
Reviewed March 26, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this location in mid February 2014 after moving from another accommodation on the east end of the city. It's a newer facility, it's very clean and the staff are friendly. The rooms are laid out well and the beds are super comfy. The hotel still has that "NEW CAR SMELL"!! You pretty much know you are going to enjoy your stay as soon as you walk through the doors. It would be a bit of a walk to restaurants and shopping, having a vehicle would make your stay a little more convenient. They offer a free shuttle service to travelers going to and from the Ottawa Airport and it takes about 6 minutes to make the trip.

The Park & Fly parking lot is directly behind the hotel. My only complaint about this accommodation was the noise of back-up beeper on the equipment clearing snow at the Park & Fly. It didn't annoy me to the point where I couldn't sleep well, but it was definitely noticeable. Obviously this would only be a problem during the winter, but if you think the back-up beeper noise will be an issue for you, request a room on the street side. If you plan on traveling to Ottawa, this is an excellent Airport accommodation and you will be 100% satisfied when checking out.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
terry
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Stayed for one night in March 2014 as I had an overnight wait between flights. It's in a great location, just 5 minutes from Ottawa Airport. The Hotel runs a courtesy shuttle as well to get you to and from your flights.

For some reason I was upgraded to teh Presedential suite which is enourmous with a break out lounge and a jacuzzi bath in the bedroom along with an en-suite.

The wifi is free and good quality and there is a good pub next door to grab a bite to eat and a pint.

Highly reccomended.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Coquitlam, Canada
Reviewed March 13, 2014

This very efficient hotel caters almost exclusively to business travelers and those who need an airport hotel (in 3 visits, I've yet to see a child there). The property is new and very well maintained and clean.

The staff offer some of the best service I've had at a hotel. For instance, when their Business Centre computers were down, they let me use one of their hotel computers to take care of an important matter.

The room was very neat, clean, and quiet (I didn't hear any airplane noise during my stay). The bed was new and extremely comfortable. The room had a new stylish microwave and fridge in addition to the usual HDTV.

Bathroom was clean and the housekeeping was impeccable (even the stairways were pristine).

The breakfast room is one of the stars of this hotel. It's large with a high ceiling and (as I mentioned before) no kids. A large selection of hot and cold items are available.

Several (mostly chain) restaurants are a 3 - 5 minute drive away. The hotel will also shuttle you to nearby restaurants at no charge.

This isn't the hotel for a vacation or a romantic getaway, but if you have a car and are doing business, the significantly lower rates (compared to downtown hotels) and free parking might make this the right choice for the business traveler.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank HeyNow-Hank
Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I was on business and stayed two weeks at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ottawa Airport. I enjoyed the customer service and location. The rooms were clean and spacious. The complimentary breakfast was always good with lots of selection. The shuttle service from the airport was prompt and the driver very friendly. He explained where I could find different stores and restaurants along the way. Not having a restaurant in the hotel for meals other than breakfast was a bit of an inconvenience but there were options within walking distance.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Beachburg, Canada
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Shuttle does fulfill needs from airport (only available until 11pm, not convenient if your flight comes in after that)
Awful check in experience, no smile from agent, felt very "cold"
Our room was dirty when we checked in, (dirty kleenex under covers in bed and the floor had not been vacuumed) was offered a different room, with no help from the agent to help us move (bringing up luggage cart etc..) no empathy and apology from the night audit staff who we had to deal with.
Positive note: The beds were comfortable (when we were put into a clean room) and breakfast was delicious.
The agent that checked us out was much more pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Leanne C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ottawa Airport, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear Leanne C,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Pleasant Grove, Utah
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I was very tired when I arrived to this hotel after 2 long days of travel. The young man who checked me in, Dave, went the extra mile for me.....I needed to return the rental car to the airport location. It was snowing and I needed to get the car back to save another day of charges. I mentioned to Dave when I checked in that I needed to return the car before 7pm to avoid another day's charges and then I asked him what phone number I should call to ask them to pick me up at the airport with their shuttle. Dave asked me if I knew where I was going and I said no (plus it was dark, snowy and icy) and he said well you can follow me right to Hertz and I will wait for you to ! I would have never been able to find the back way to the Return Rental Car in time! It was the extra mile for a tired traveler! My room was extremely clean and my pillows heavenly:) Thanks again Dave!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business