“Good but pricey”

Ranked #1,221 of 2,856 Restaurants in Ottawa
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Byward Market Area
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Good but slightly pricey for the amount of food I received (shad oup & chicken skewers)

Reviewed May 16, 2012

Wonderful Thai food at good prices, this place is always busy, especially on Fridays, so make reservations or come early for lunch or dinner.

Reviewed March 11, 2012

I have eaten at the Green Papaya on each of my visits to Ottawa. I am always pleased with the authenticity and quality of the food. I have had plenty of terrible versions of Thai food in North America but the Green Papaya consistently impresses. The lunch specials are a great value.

Reviewed February 12, 2012

This beats the food court, but that's about it. As other reviewers have commented, portions are very small for the price. Our server was extremely rude and unfriendly. She acted as though we were wasting her time being there and barely muttered more than a grunt when we asked questions about the menu. We were never checked on to see how the meals were. While the food was not bad, the meat was scanty. One of the shrimp dishes my colleague received had only 3 shrimp - and she paid extra for it! I enjoyed the flavour of the curry and might try this restaurant again outside of the lunch rush to see the service and meal quality was any better. I think they could greatly improve customer satisfaction with a few minor changes.

Reviewed February 3, 2012

If you like lots of salt, sugar and oodles of noodles/rice this place is for you. I wouldn't even classify this as food. What they call spring rolls are not edible, the pad thai is noodles smothered in a sugary sauce - that's it. I had no meat in my meal. The curry was sauce and potatoes. What an insult to my intelligence. To add insult to injury staff assumed I did not want my change - which I had to ask for. All this for about $20/person. One of the worst meals I've had - ever.