“Amazing authentic Indian food”
Review of Basmati

Basmati
Ranked #2,008 of 2,840 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Indian, Fusion
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 25, 2013

"""Amazing authentic Indian food. In the summer, Have been here many times, and have never been disappointed. If you can't handle spicy do not order the Vindaloo...it is EXTREMELY spicy...but super delicious! My advice is The greatest biryani of my life i had"""

1  Thank SunShiaro a

Reviewed June 11, 2013

This IS NOT an Indian restaurant. Run by Bangladeshis, who do not even have the sense to search for Indian recipes over the internet, instead of using their brains and ruining the dishes in the process. Atrocious service on top of that. Please avoid visiting.

3  Thank AmitJainpc
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I have been to Basmati over the past 3 years and introduced some friends to the place. We started with the butter chicken plate and never looked back. As students, we found the prices affordable compared to the rest of Indian restos. As well, there is a unique flavour to their butter chicken- rich and delish. I always get their Saag Paneer (creamed spinach with cheese cubes) too because it is really the best in Ottawa. The other places make their Saag Paneer very plain compared to the flavour in Basmati. A special thanks to the guy who does the cooking- Usman (?). He looks young and can't speak English perfectly- functional enough and very friendly.When I've eaten lunch and dinner there, he is the only one cooking up a multitude of orders so congratulations on creating tasty meals under pressure...Indian food certainly is not easy to prepare but this guy is good.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

This is my favourite place to pick up a Tikka sandwich and for approx. 8 dollars, you get the most amazing meal wrapped in a freshly made naan bread! I ask for him to add chick peas and cilantro to it and it is perrrfect!!! I could eat this every day! The couple who own it are lovely and friendly! The new renos look great too! I've sent all my colleagues there and they have all loved it! I usually make a trip to the grocery store across the street, and put in my order while I shop and then pick it up on my way back to the office. A little hidden gem which needs more exposure because it is truly great food, and FRESH!!! He makes everything there right in front of you! Love it!!!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

The food looked okay and was okay to eat, but it was far from the quality we have been used from other Indian restaurants around the world. So we hate our dinner, but I won't order from there on my next trip.

Although the menu, web site and the person who took my order on the phone confirm they accept credit card, when the delivery man showed up, he dd not have the equipment to take it and we had to find cash.

1  Thank Patrice_Kanata