“Overpriced”

Big Easy's Seafood and Steakhouse
Ranked #186 of 2,808 Restaurants in Ottawa
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A fantastic selection of fresh shucked oysters, Alberta AAA Sterling Beef & Japanese Kobe Beef, fresh fish and seafood, all served with a New Orleans flair. Take the historic foundation of Creole Louisiana style cuisine, combine it with fresh local ingredients to create the most delectable flavour combinations, and that is what you find at Big Easy's--great food, wine, and service in a relaxed warm environment.A thoughtful wine list has been carefully chosen to compliment the tastes of Louisiana. Stop in for some oysters and a sip of fine wine at the fun & energetic oyster bar, or you can enjoy a more intimate atmosphere in the dining room.
Reviewed October 28, 2012

While the atmosphere was pleasant it was not outstanding. The tables were very close together and when the restaurant is full, it is noisy. The staff are pleasant and competent and do not try to 'up-sell'. The food is well prepared and well presented. That being said, it is grossly overpriced. The wine list is limited and even more overpriced.

1  Thank Stuball1
There are newer reviews for Big Easy's Seafood and Steakhouse

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Excellent service, food and drinks! Lovely atmosphere as well!

Only downfall is it gets a bit loud and hard to hear, and food is quite expensive.

Good experience though!

1  Thank Maryse M
Reviewed October 26, 2012

My first visit to Big Easy's was one to remember. The staff was friendly and very informative. Our waiter knew the menu extremely well and guided us through some of the choice options.

Great dry martinis in generous proportions started off the experience. The food was well prepared and presented. I had the halibut dinner with dirty rice and vegetables. Generous servings that delighted the senses. I would go back again just for the pecan pie if nothing else. It was served with a generous dollop of vanilla ice cream.

Do give this restaurant a try. I definitely want to return for some of the Cajun offerings on the menu.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I made a reservation for 14 people at Big Easy's for my mother's 80th Birthday. We had family coming in from Toronto and wanted to all be together for this milestone event! Andrea took my reservation and they had a lovely area setup for us in the restaurant. We all sat comfortably and had plenty of room Andrea met us at the door with a warm welcome. We all started with the oysters as an appetizer and they were amazing! I ordered the crab crusted tenderloin and it was excellent! Everyone was pleased with thier meals and the speed in which it was served to us. I just want to take the time to say thank you to Ross Tyrell, the owner of this fine establishment, who was very hospitable and did his best (along with his staff) to make this a night to remember.
I will be recommending this restaurant to friends and family

2  Thank J M
Reviewed October 5, 2012

The staff are very friendly and the food is terrific. Jambalaya is loaded with with chicken, sausage, shrimp and scallop and has just the amount of heat one would want. Just delicious and a terrific bargain.