“Good food, good ambience”
Review of La Porto A Casa

La Porto A Casa
Ranked #124 of 2,915 Restaurants in Ottawa
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 17, 2013

At first view, the restaurant is not much to look at. However, upon entering, you can feel the warmth and comfort. The selection of food is good and the taste is great. The service was good. I would return in a heartbeat. I've heard alot of people rave about this restaurant.

1  Thank cornyo

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We keep getting gift certificates to come to this restaurent from family and friends who love it, and I agree its good, but it just lacks a few touches. The decor definitly needs an update, and considering how busy this place is, I hope they do it soon and maybe consider changing locations or at least expanding. Food is good, if you crave a big bowl of pasta and you aren't a food snob then this place is great. My husband and I ordered the alfredo with chicken and the carbonara. I also wanted to order the carbonara since I'm a sucker for bacon and an egg yolk on my pasta. But I was hesitant since few places seem to get it right. My husband shook his head in disbelief when his pasta came and the egg yolk had been mashed in and had become scrambled eggs in his noodles. I didn't let him send it back since it was edible, just not what he was hoping for. We both agreed the pasta was good, PIPING hot and the buns are fresh and hot as well. We had ordered the zucchini to start and it was a heaping serving with crisp breading which satisfied us. We'll continue to return if we get gift certificates, but Preston street has alot more authentic and more cozy atmospheres to adventure to. I would wonder how this place would fare if they moved to Preston and made sure their carbonara was up to snuff..... interesting thought.

1  Thank FollowMe2Adventure
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Worth the drive from Ottawa in rush hour for a week night dinner, great homey food - large portions and very family friendly! Haven't found an Italian restaurant in Ottawa to rave about other than La Porto A Casa!

2  Thank myshkaOttawa
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Need reservations as this restaurant (although doubled in space from its original size) is always full! Just about everything they make is to my liking. The specialty dishes, many of which I've tried are delicious as is the lasagna and spaghetti and meatballs. You will almost always have enough left over for a doggy bag or really ... too good for the dog... your lunch for tomorrow!

2  Thank Travellingsoulottawa
Reviewed February 5, 2013

This is a family run buisnesss and the atmosphere reflects this.
Prices are reasonable portions are on the large side and the food is outstanding.
I highly reccommend this restraunt to any visitor or local.
Make reservations well in advance.

2  Thank allen a